THR Happy, hippy, Christine

Good report @mollymum
I still used one crutch when I walk out.... it gives me confidence! I was using two crutches for 18 months before my op so it’s real progress.

A road trip sounds lovely & something to look forward too xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are coming along nicely @mollymum I am very envious of your campervan and making plans to get out there! I am no where near giving up my cane outside. Mainly because I still have a limp but also for balance when people get a bit close for comfort. I was in a busy home/gardening centre yesterday and couldn't believe how many times I was bumped into even with my cane. :hairpulling:

Happy Tuesday!
It sounds like you had a great appointment with the surgeon a week ago. All restrictions lifted :yay:
I'll bet it was nice unexpected surprise to run into your hip buddy while at Physio. It's difficult
not to compare recoveries, I think we all do.

I hope you have an enjoyable trip with your camper in June. You'll have to tell us all about it upon your return.
Thanks for updating. Will look forward to hearing from you soon. Safe travels! :wave:
@mollymum

Thanks @Layla, all going well for me here on the East Coast - we are having warm sunny weather here and that always lifts my spirits :SUNsmile:
I've also seen all our 3 grandchildren (5yrs, 1yr, and 8 months) this week and have played and even nappy (diaper!) changed Violet (1) with big sister Isobel's help :wowspring:

I'm still getting some thigh pain, but 1000mgs paracetamol 3 times a day, and ice, means it is very manageable, and I'm walking better with each passing week..... Hope everyone else is having a good week.........:)

Great update! Glad you're doing well. Yay for sunshine and warm temps! :SUNsmile:
Grandkids are the best. Sniff, kiss, hug, squeeze...then send them home.
I'm only kidding, lol. I love my grandkids, they're fun and they always make me laugh.
I hope your thigh pain continues to ease. Enjoy the rest of the week!
@mollymum

Loved reading your updates @mollymum Spending time with your grandchildren must be heaven. I still have thigh pain too, trying to figure out the perfect combination of walking and rest. ❤️

Well, it's half term here in the UK so I had both granddaughters for the day yesterday, while mum & dad were at work - it was a very busy and enjoyable day!! I am feeling it today, with 'butt pain', so back to using my stick, sitting on an Ice pack :bored: and paracetamol; keeping occupied with knitting and TV, and might have to take a codeine tonight to help sleep -- good job I've got some left :sleeep: . Another restful day tomorrow and I hope the aches will have subsided :fingersx:

Note to self--kissing grandkids leads to head colds :cry: :swoon: and I've lost my voice this evening...............!

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I'm sorry you caught the grandkids cold.
Hopefully with some rest over the past couple days you're feeling better.
Wishing you a wonderful week!
@mollymum

June already, and all is well with me. I have recovered from my cold, seen my grandkids again as Violet had her 1st birthday on May 31st, and I am managing almost all walking without a stick, although I take one when shopping etc just for reassurance. Still got some stiffness after sitting, and get the odd ache in op hip overnight if I try to sleep on my side, but otherwise all is going well.
Hope all the other April Rainbows are on the mend also..............:flwrysmile:

Hi @mollymum You sound like you are coming along very nicely! Our little grandson, Arthur had his 2nd birthday on May 31st! They live a 4 hour flight away so we weren't at this party but I fly out there in 2 weeks and get to see 4 of our grandchildren :egypdance::loveshwr:

Yippee!!!! I just had my first bath in 10 weeks!!
Now, before you all think :eeeuw: - I have been showering, but I am English, and I love a good soak in the tub, :bath:
Hubby :)old:) hung around just in case I had trouble getting in or out, but his help was not needed:happydance:

I am a very clean and happy lady.................

@mollymum I did smile when I read about your bath... I too have managed to have a good long soak twice this past week. It's bliss isn't it? We piled a load of cushions into the empty bath, slid me into it off a small stool and then removed the cushions from under me one at a time. I added a squirt of Badedas (good for the scar) and then filled the bath with lovely warm water. Tony thankfully is physically very strong as getting out wasn't as easy (or dignified) as getting in had been. There really is nothing quite like a good long soak in the bath.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back