TKR Happening soon!

Bridgy

Country
United States United States
My left TKR is scheduled for August 29. I did the metal allergy blood test and turned up allergic to nickel. Am now getting the Oxinium knee. My knee is bone on bone with tibial fracture and bone edema/bruising. It’s been hurting for about 6 years but not too bad unless I walk over a mile.

Thats so good that they tested for you beforehand.
6 years is a long time to wait. I had my hips replaced and one of the doctors noted edema in my bone marrow. The light bulb went off and I iced like it was my job and it did help temper down the pain.

I will ask one of our amazing moderators to give you a signature with the surgery date.
I hope the next couple of weeks go by with minimal pain and quickly.

Welcome Bridgy! Thanks for joining us.
Sorry you've been dealing with discomfort for years. You're going to love your new pain free knee once you're regaining strength and slowly getting back to all you love. I wish you comfort while you're waiting and will share some pre-op info below.
Best Wishes and Happy Thursday!

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries
@Bridgy

Thanks for the encouragement. It’s a scary prospect but I am looking forward to being back to all the activities I enjoy! I’ll have a look at the links.

My surgery has been rescheduled for September 12. I’ll have to leave hotshots and join sapphires!

@Bridgy So sorry your surgery date moved. I'll get your details updated in the team thread. At least the wait is not too long. Hang in there!

Thanks. Yes, it was disappointing. Apparently the hospital ambulatory dept shares the robotic equipment with another hospital and it won’t be back until September.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member