TKR Hamstring tendonitis problems

Daisymay

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to the forum.I had tkr to my right knee18 months ago ,for 6 months it was fantastic and still bends well no pain on walking except up and down stairs on BUT I have developed a severe pain when sitting down and bending from the waist which ny surgeon has diagnosed as an upper hamstring tendonitis does anyone have anyone else have experience of this? please

Hi and Welcome!

I‘m sorry you’ve developed tendinitis, do you know what brought it on? I got tendinitis in my shoulder, one week after my PKR, thanks to my PT (long story) and it was more painful than my painful knee, so I sympathize with you.

If you give us the date of your surgery we’ll make a signature for you. :flwrysmile:

Welcome to Bonesmart. Have you seen a doctor for your tendonitis? He/she could give you recommendations for relieving some of this pain. Usually, for inflammation applying ice is recommended, but your doctor needs to tell you what is best for your situation.

No idea what brought it on,it happened suddenly one day as I bent to sit on my couch !I've had an mri which identified it, surgeon is investigating the possibility of ultrasound guided steroid injection but apparently this could damage the sciatic nerve so I'm rather hesitant about having that done.I've read this is one of those conditions which could take ages to resolve on it's own.
TKR was 28 Nov 2020.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks