THR Halloween 2019 RTHR

:) :-) (:
It is indeed great to be back to life without hip pain.
Beginning with Putting on my own socks and shoes!:tada:

Have a Good Sunday, double hippy pal.

Hi @Mettlehips :wave:
Keeping that patience muscle flexed?
Hope things are getting easier and that you are feeling good about your double hippy status.:) :-) (:

@Mojo333 - YES I have not even worked out with the bands yet. I believe I could but don't want to since my energy levels aren't back to full quite yet. I still need to take naps during the day! This healing stuff is tiring work!:wave:
I want to go walking too but it's too cold - I'm such a creampuff! Thanksgiving snowstorms will keep me inside for a while, too.
Thanks for checking in on me too....everything is going fine. There was rapid healing early on post op but now the long haul has set in and the healing gains, while noticeable, are smaller.
My healing and attitude are good but when I go to see the PA on 12/9/19 I think they may try to send me back to work with probably 2 - 2.5 months of healing. I want 3 full months to heal. They make me feel like I'm being lazy or milking the system when I say I want to go back at 3 months. I want to tell him let's see you do this at 2 months after THR!!
Thanks @Mojo333!

I still need to take naps during the day! This healing stuff is tiring work!
Indeed it is. My stamina was at a real low for the first 3 months and easy to tire out even up to 6 months.
I want to tell him let's see you do this at 2 months after THR!!
Agree...well worth it in the end.
Glad to see you are taking it slow and easy.
Have a great week, @Mettlehips

Happy One Month Annversary!
Sleep all you're able while you're still off work. Our body does it's best healing while we're asleep. With any luck you'll get the full three months off work you're hoping for. If you don't, wondering if they'd let you do a Phased Return?

Best of luck with your appt on the 9th. Stay in touch and let us know how it goes. Until then, all the best!
@Mettlehips

Hi @Mettlehips
Hope all is well and you got a reassuring report from your OS.
Hope your holiday season is happy and healthy. :santa-dance:

Hi @Mojo333
Yes all is well, thank you! I met with my PA on 12/9 and he said I was a little ahead of the game in my recovery. Best news is though is that they are not rushing me back to work - we discussed 3 months out would be excessive (I agreed) but 2.5 months is just perfect so I go back on 1/6/20. He just needs to fill out the return to work form and send it to my disability provider and I'm all set (I haven't got confirmation he sent it back though yet - this is important!) Also, my boss invited all that could attend to a holiday lunch at a tappanyaki restaurant yesterday and all was good! In fact my boss and supervisior lavished praise on all the rank and file (that would be me and all the other ground pounders) because we are kicking butt in the company. Made me feel a lot better about the hip replacement thing. My bosses are truly down to Earth people in a mega conglomerate.

I hope you and all of the other hipsters the very best holiday season.

Great update, and I'm really happy for you.
Off for the holidays and a great start to a great new year!
Warm wishes for a...:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:and a

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Hello @Mettlehips
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Wishing you all the best as you head back to work next Monday and all things good in 2020!

Happy New Year! :new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How are you doing in your recovery? We'd love to read an update on your progress. I hope all continues to go well with you and hope to hear from you soon. Until then...all the best!

@Mettlehips

@Layla - everything is fine! Thank you! I went to the Dr. @3 months for a checkup and they said I was great. I'm back to work (for over a month now) and doing OK. Some long, heavy walking days, I come home and my hip aches a little but that will go away in time. I know the walking is good for me but sometimes its a little too much. - I am getting stronger though.
I love you guys on here and will check back periodically!

Hello @Mettlehips
Thanks for updating. It's great to hear you're doing well. :)
Please do stop by periodically, we'd love to read about your progress. It's also very inspirational to those following behind you.
Don't forget to ice while relaxing on those evenings when your hip feels achy. It's not too late. It's a great pain reliever.
Until next time...wishing you all things good!

Hi Hippies!

6 months goes by pretty quickly. New R hip is doing great! Both hips are doing great! I'm already back to doing just about everything I was before the surgery, plus with no pain, my mood is better allowing me to really get into my work and workouts now. Being locked in and kinda bored I can really go for it with my whole body workouts - all upper body exercises were ramped up gradually. Just 2 weeks ago I decided to do lower body workouts that really target my hip area, with light weight bands of course. No squats with weights, just some mini burpees, calf raises, then targeted band resistance exercises, and wow I feel even better in the surgery area. I WOULD NOT recommend doing any of these resistance band exercise until your doctor gives you the OK, like mine did about 3 months ago. I let my body heal an extra 2.5 months before I decided to do therapy on the hip area, and I'm glad I did. There is just a little bit of healing that needs to happen way deep down in my incision, and it should be healed up soon! Oh yea I have gotten back into jump rope for my cardio - I felt a little tweak in my R hip after 1 skip but after that it totally went away. That made me happy.

To be fair, not everything is all rosy - I find I need a litttttttllleee bit more motivation to get a workout in and once I'm all warmed up it feels like I just don't have that extra "oommph" I used to have pre surgeries. Don't know if that's just from getting older or from having 2x hip replacements, or a combo of the two. Its funny though, since I know I don't have that extra oommph I make that motivation to try to dig for some extra power! Not focusing on pain allows me to do this! Not focusing on pain is the whole blessing regarding hip replacement - just to be able to do 97% of the normal things I used to is not something I am taking for granted.

There is no way that these new hips are equal to a set of healthy, normal hips but everything seems to moving in the right direction as far as they are concerned. I feel so lucky with the timing of my surgery considering all that is happening in the world.

Every single obstacle regarding this surgery seems so much smaller when its in the rear view mirror. So keep plugging and chugging and you all will get through this.

Thanks for reading and you know I wish you all the best! I wish everyone going through joint replacement smooth sailing and easy healing!

Great advice and love to hear all is getting better and better.
Stamina after the energy drain of my surgery and recovery was slow to come back for me also.
Stay well, my hippy pal and hope today is a Good Day.:SUNsmile:

To be fair, not everything is all rosy - I find I need a litttttttllleee bit more motivation to get a workout in and once I'm all warmed up it feels like I just don't have that extra "oommph" I used to have pre surgeries. Don't know if that's just from getting older or from having 2x hip replacements, or a combo of the two

A belated Happy Six Month Anniversary to you!

Lacking that oommph you mentioned is most likely because you’re only six months out from a major surgery that can take a year, or more, to completely heal from. I’ll bet you feel more energetic with each passing month. Hang in there.
Have a great week! :wave:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562