Gymnast - Mary Lou Retton and other celeb THRs

Re: Gymnast - Mary Lou Retton

I actually had to idea. Isnt that something. I wonder how many other pepole like her we dont know about.
Pretty impressive.............Kim

Pro golfer Tom Watson had an anterior THR about 2 weeks before I did (his OS was the one with whom my surgeon had a year-long fellowship to learn this approach.) Motley Crue guitarist Mick Mars got a new hip back in 2004; Jack Nicklaus in 1999.

Celeb rags claim Jane Fonda, Martha Stewart & Prince were to have THRs, but not confirmed.

Very interesting Mudpro,

I can add that Michael Douglas has recently had a knee replacement, his Dad Kirk had both done when he was 88, and William Shantner (hope I got William's last name correct) has had his hip replaced.

Sometimes, Shantner seems like he needs his brain replaced! So many bionic people out there! : Jimmy Connors,too!!! :))

Mud, someone on here awhile back said they were having the same surgeon Mary Lou had! Can't remember who it was??? And Phil Jackson (Lakers coach) had one last fall, I think. And I heard that George Bush Sr. needs one but hasn't had one.

Pope John Paul II had one THR too....had to get down to kiss the ground....

I'm stikying this thread and changing the title a bit. Hope you don't mind, Mud. We need a thread like this.

Not at all, Jo. Glad it started an interesting conversation. I had no idea so many celebrities had new hips and knees...

As for George Sr. I did hear he had a hip done and was a bit surprised to see him still needing a cane after 6 months or so. Maybe its more for self-defense ;-)

In today's world, all politicians probably need a cane for self defense!

THAT's what the handle of the cane is for!! To reel 'em in! :)

We need a BIIIIG one!

...and William Shatner (hope I got William's last name correct) has had his hip replaced.

Well according to a very reliable source, the National Enquirerer, Star Trek's Capt. Kirk nearly died on the operating table due to a cardiac incident while haivng his hip replaced last year...

Another report claims he was contemplating selling his femoral neck and head to raise money for charity...

William Shatner Opts Not To Sell His Hip Bone
February 27th, 2008 3:09pm EST

William Shatner has chosen not to sell the hip bone he recently had replaced - because it would be in bad taste.

The former Star Trek star sold a kidney stone for $75,000 last year, and donated the proceeds - together with $20,000 from his Boston Legal co-stars, to Habitat For Humanity for the organization's house building program in devastated New Orleans, Louisiana.

And he considered approaching online site GoldenPalace.com - the company that bought his kidney stone - to see if they were interested in his hip bone after a photo he was sent of the happy family, who had moved into the house his cash had built, brought tears to his eyes.

He says, "GoldenPalace.com gave me $75,000 for my ugly little kidney stone (and) I had this hip replacement less than four weeks ago and I thought, `How bad taste would it be to sell my hip bone?' I then decided it was bad taste, and, for me to decide something is bad taste... it was really bad."

Interesting, Mud. I'm a BIG Trek fan and so Captain Kirk is high on my list of celluloid heroes!

Interesting, Mud. I'm a BIG Trek fan and so Captain Kirk is high on my list of celluloid heroes!

I'm a bit of a Trek fan myself...

If you haven't seen the new Star Trek movie yet, by all means you must go; of all the movies based upon the origional characters, this is easily my favorite.

It has has some Trek humor and a few well kept secret surpises any fan would enjoy!

Hi all, I was probably the one who said I had the same hip as Mary Lou Retton. received the brochure and there she was just as shown on link. I read it over and over before my surgery for reassurance. have to say that so far so good--but I will leave the gymnastics to Mary Lou!

Laurie
rthr 8.26.08 biomet m-o-m

Dr.
Brian Parsley did Mary Lou Rettons THR, he is doing mine!!! i looked her up on line and found him. there is a whole article about him doing her surgery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom