TKR Ground Hog Day

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Intrepid Welcome to BoneSmart! Which knee are you having done? I'll make a signature for you.

And here's a bit of pre-op reading:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

The website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

jaspa

senior
Country
United States United States
Hi @Intrepid I forgot the 2/2 is Ground Hog Day. I'm having my second TKR on that day too as an out patient. We will have to keep in touch through our recovery. You will love this site and all the people here who have been so helpful through my first TKR.

MARYCOOL

Country
It is also 02/02/2022 which is kind of cool!
Funny, having had 2 TKR's in one year, I told my hubby that everyday feels like ground hog day!
We are starting to shake things up a bit, planning a trip in February and have been out walking together when the weather permits!
Also, I retired last year, and my place of employment called yesterday to see if I would be interested in filling in for a few months! Anyone gone back to work after retirement? I am trying to weigh the pros and cons!

Sara61

Staff member since March 2020
BoneSmart Staff
Country
Portugal Portugal
@Intrepid - congratulations on your forthcoming surgery :wave:

Last edited:

CricketHip

Staff member since June 2019
BoneSmart Staff
Country
Love the Groundhog Day mention.. I had the best PT helping me with a wrist injury a couple years ago and he had a printed test all about Groundhog Day, it was hilarious. I wish I had a copy of it.

OP
OP
I

Intrepid

Country
Hi everyone! This is so cool! I feel pretty anxious, taking a short trip to the beach next week, kind of a pre-party, or a sad goodbye? Got my drugs today, although looks like I’ll have to fight with BCBSNC for the right prescriptions. My husband is making a chart—thinking about control/helplessness. Thanks to all of you for being there. 2/2/22 ground hog day-creepy.

OP
OP
I

Intrepid

Country
Jacey-right knee tkr, would love the signature. Recliner chair article very helpful, we’ll use our couch/recliners. This is all such a gift, thank you for your work!

jaspa

senior
Country
@Intrepid be sure to have cushion on recliner to make it higher for when you are getting out of it. I tried the first time with PT at house and my grandson and almost couldn't do it. Hope you enjoy your trip to the beach. It is only Minus 5 here today so no going outside.

OP
OP
I

Intrepid

Country
Thanks Jaspa (I think I got name wrong the first time--I'm new and technologically challenged). Minus 5 in PA??!! We are in NC and are suffering at 28 degrees. I have now positioned a pillow due to your great recommendation. Thank you.

patriciad

senior
Country
Hi - good luck with your surgery preparations you will soon be on the other side and starting on your road to recovery. Sending best wishes and looking forward to your progress reports. You will find so much help and support here from the experts and from all of us who know exactly what you are experiencing. Good Luck for the 2nd!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lyla
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Top Bottom