THR Groin issue after anterior THR

Thanks for the update. I can certainly understand what you are feeling. With the complete release, you will find that it takes a while for the other muscles to compensate. My IT was sore off and on for a few months. I found that rolling the IT band, although awkward and a little painful at first, helped. Icing and a short, regular regimen of NSAIDS (if you can tolerate them) also helped relieve the IT band issue. That heaviness of the leg slowly diminished for me but I will always have a slightly reduced ROM in that hip. It really doesn't affect me in any significant way. I just notice it with some very specific movements: putting my right leg onto my left to put on my sock, getting into the driver's seat of the car for example. It is just some stiffness and nothing compared to the groin pain prior to surgery.

I found that just slowly adding former activities to my life seemed to just naturally happen as I got farther away from the surgery. I accepted that, at first, it might not be as easy as it was before the hip started acting up but I would just keep doing it and then it would no longer be an issue. I also had to keep in mind that the deterioration happened over a long time so it would probably take some time for the muscles and soft tissues to regain the strength and stamina they once had. I now do everything I once did or wanted to do (remembering I'm not 20 or 30 anymore. LOL) Anyway, I think you will find that patience (oh, no!,) persistence, and time will get you there. I hope knowing you're not alone helps bolster your spirit and confidence in your recovery. Hang in there. Keep us posted. @Denpucc1

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back