PKR Greda's PKR recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greda,

It takes time to recover from a lateral release! The swelling should be telling your PT to change exercises! Your knee isn't ready for those yet. They would try different ones with my knee and back off if they saw it caused problems or pain. Then they would introduce the exercises into my routine as I recovered! Now I am doing 2 hours of PT but no swelling, just an ornery kneecap! :happydance:

Hi everyone,
Thought I would check in...I have been going to PT and because of the therapist's vacations I never get the same person. My sessions have still be going on for almost 2 hours. The substitute PT kept telling me I only have a window of opportunity to get strength back after surgery. I guess I just don't believe that. I have been improving every week but when I get there it is like a race to do all we can as fast as we can. The I am so fatigued that I can't do anything the rest of the day without a lot of pain and just exhaustion. So I spoke with my original PT(he came back and this is the first time in 3 weeks I have had him) and he is going to cut things back to an hour and only have one session a week. That way he can keep progress on me and I can use some of the equipment there.
The knee that needs the TKR is definitely causing problems. I don't want to do the TKR until the lateral release on the other leg is completely. I just have no time lines at this point. I never thought it would take this long to help from a Lateral Release. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Greda

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Duffyboy
Recent bookmarks
Back