great words for walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdakota

senior
over my lifetime i've discovered there are awesome words for walking as a hip baby i've heard enough, of the why are you hopping, waddeling, nic names like hop along and penguine ( my personal favorite ) add to the list, to walk, to saunter, swagger, to glide these words are important because there why we do all the work. so add lots

Dakota....I do love your attitude! What a sunny person you are and I just KNOW you are going to really enjoy those new hips.

Adding....tiptoe, skip, prance, and lunge....alll things you no doubt will be doing soon!

My OS told me I was walking 'spritely'.

Chris :)

No, Melissa.....you seem like a "glider" to me. No tilted....

Thanks Judles and Jaime. Now, my pelvis is very slanted. I am walking straight with the cane, but without the cane, my body is still shifting. I can't wait to go to the doctor on Monday and start going to outpatient PT.

Strut! And you can do it with or without a cane! :)

I like it when I "sprint" up my driveway--not really running, just proving that I can -- and the biggest morale builder was last weekend when I was walking with my daughter and she said I no longer limped. Talk about jumping for joy!!!

Laurie

That's great news, Laurie! Just be easy on that sprinting! :)

Great thread!

Tom I am with you... Sauntering and strolling - can't wait to do them. I walk a little like Frankenstein. I keep forgetting there is nothing wrong with my knee! So my mind is constantly thinking heel, toe, heel toe, bend knee, dope-e. It's no wonder I don't run into things!

to think about prancing, wow. to feel so light on my feet that i float. to get rid of words like wobble, hobble. to be in a place where the only type of Gait thats spoken of is a Gate of metal attached to a fence.
and yet their are adventerous words too.
hike, march, sneek, creep
or whimsicle words like meander.

I like it when I "sprint" up my driveway--not really running, just proving that I can -- and the biggest morale builder was last weekend when I was walking with my daughter and she said I no longer limped. Talk about jumping for joy!!!

Laurie

you know i've never minded my kids teasing the way i walked too much i'm so greatful they dont have cdh. and since my mom and i both did that is amazing. but to have them say that would bring tears to my eyes. how wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562