Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

I don't know if we have a dominant leg (?) The one we rest on more when walking, one side we step forward to, or brace when we are lifting (?)
I just read this response. My left was always the worst so I always used my right as my dominant hip for powering off of and lifting. After the left was done and the right went downhill of course the left was getting more use. After the right was done and healed I know I use it again as my dominant hip to power off of and lift with. I noticed it a while back I guess it's old habit.
Being outdoors is always great for our soul.

@Mojo333 Your positivity and dedication to supporting others here on the forum are both appreciated and inspiring. Lucky for us you had those hips done, and became active on Bone Smart. Nice to hear you're spending time doing the things you enjoy!

@Mojo333 Hello there!!! So good to get an email letting me know you're having a great day in the great outdoors.

Such happy memories of when we were all learning about hip replacements and the amazing encouragement I received during my recoveries. You are one of those people who always looked after me through my posts. Thank you, dear girl.

Congrats on 5 years. Cheers!

@Bfam85
So nice to hear from you MY Friend!
Hope all is Happy and Healthy with you:friends:

Spent the afternoon with a friend at a small-town local festival.
Cheezy but fun
Screenshot_20220917-194420-745.png

We tried on some funky sunglasses... didn't buy them but they make an interesting pic.

Great picture, Mojo! The sunglasses do give you a, hummm, unique (sort of bug eyed monster) look. :heehee:

Great picture @Mojo333 and yes the glasses are definitely funky but do make for a great pic. You look like you were having fun!

Thanksgiving may be the most important holiday in America - more so than an opportunity for Food and Fellowship - Thanksgiving in the USA is meant to bring family and friends together over a big meal to express gratitude and thanks.

Historically, the holiday commemorates the unity of the Pilgrims and the Native Americans, who gathered together in 1621 for a feast symbolizing peace and goodwill between their cultures.

But....More and more researchers are finding that gratitude doesn’t just make you feel like a better person, it’s actually good for your health.

“Clinical trials indicate that the practice of gratitude can have dramatic and lasting effects in a person’s life,” said Robert A. Emmons, professor of psychology at UC Davis. “It can lower blood pressure, improve immune function which promotes healing and facilitate more efficient sleep.”

Depending where I have been...pre-op misery, post-op still healing worries and discomfort, or dealing with other life's woes and losses (first thanksgiving since my sister died in October)
Counting my blessings has always seen me through some tough stuff.

My new hips, over 5 years out now, are still one of the top items on my Grateful List.:chuckmarch: (We are going to call this guy a turkey today:) :-) (:)

So true Mojo.
I have so many things to be grateful for, family, friends, grandchildren, wonderful partner of 18 years who has seen me through two surgeries and rehab in last 3 years.
And thanks to all who post here and to the Bonesmart staff with all their knowledge and dedication.
I couldn't have done this recovery w/o all of you as well.
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your blessings today.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Mojo! You are one of the most positive people on this earth and I thank you for it!
So very, very sorry to hear of your sister's passing, but, just like your post says, having a grateful attitude in the midst of the trials of life is the key to living a contented and blessed life.

Mojo3333, my deepest condolences for your loss. But what an uplifting post. Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving.

I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your sister. I admire your positive attitude and wish you all the best for a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you an for the condolences.
@Constanze You are amazing hippy who have never let your joint replacement interfere with your passions.

I was ever so grateful to have this forum for support and advice during my recovery so I love that this Bonesmart Community can make a difference to those on their joint replacement journeys.

People appreciate and never forget that helping hand especially when times are tough...:friends:

I will always be grateful for the support you offered me during those months following my surgery. Your friendly, reassuring manner made such a difference, and helped me focus on my recovery, and not on the the assortment of aches and pains that come with a hip replacement! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister----I hope you are comforted by memories of her. Have a blessed holiday season.

:wave:@Debru4 :mcoffee:
This Thanksgiving was particularly tough, but we managed...

I hope you are doing well?
You have always been so supportive of others and kind.

I'm glad anything I may have contributed that helped during your recovery made a difference.
I certainly had many here that helped me through.
Hope your holidays are sweet.:loveshwr:

@Mojo333 those first holidays after losing someone you love are always tough. Remember the good times, the laughs and all the fun you had. You know I'm still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :angel:

And if it weren't for you and @Layla I may never have made the decision to have my THR or have waited way longer and had even more damage. You two basically held my hand via cyber to walk me through my options. :friends:

And just because its that time of year. :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:

:xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:@Elf1

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie