Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Happy Birthday, Mojo!
Hope you had a great day and enjoyed something special in celebration. May your next year be filled with peace, happiness, love and good health.
Hugs and best wishes! :)

Hey @Mojo333 Happppppy Birrrthday! I hope it was a wonderful day and I think you should celebrate clear into the weekend..

Our new hips do look rather good on us, yes?
Here's to another trip around the sun..:cheers:

Happy happy birthday @Mojo333 :martini: - and many more.
And wow - super, you'r top fit.

By the way, which city or town do you live in? We drove through Georgia when we went to the US in 1981, but only along the coast. It must be hot where you are. It's quite warm here but not too hot, because it's been dry & windy.

I continue to swim, cycle and run, because it keeps me fit, especially during the pandemic. One has a better immune system if one keeps fit and slim, doesn't one? And of course it's good for the muscles, and that way, also for our hips. My marathon and Ironman races have been either postponed or rescheduled because of the pandemic. I hope Ironman Frankfurt 2021 will take place in June as planned. Frankfurt marathon in October will most likely not take place either. They could work out a hygiene plan for the runners but they don't know how 40,000 spectators could distance from each other. Well, I also look at it from the point of view of fairness. First world-wide travelling must be safe again so that international athletes can participate.

I wish you all the best. Stay fit and carry on writing here - :console2: Constanze

Thanks for the well wishes @Constanze
I certainly hope we can get back to some semblance of normal by next summer so that athletes, like you, can get back to their passions of competition.
Hope to see that children can congregate in summer activities, and older folks or medically vulnerable can get back to their lives and not be fearful.
We drove through Georgia when we went to the US in 1981, but only along the coast.
This is the most beautiful part of Georgia in my opinion.
I live in a small town not too far from Savannah.
The humidity can put heat indices into well over 100F so we have to be hardy folk this time of the year.
However we have extremely mild Winters and I really dislike cold weather so I try not to whine too much about the hot summer.
Stay healthy and safe, friend.:) :-) (:

Happy birthday youngster! :yay: SO great you were able to get that total hip overhaul done while you were still young enough to continue doing such good work for the world. You send out such good karma both in your day job and here on the forum. It's a pleasure to have 'met' such a beautiful human. Here's to many more birthdays. :ok:

Okay...so I only can watch animated hip surgery....but this 3 year old's play dough hip replacement surgery is awesome.
Sent to me by my OS

Happy Saturday, my hippy friends.
Voila...Mojo333. Bass Whisperer:) :-) (:
rps20200829_200441.jpg

Last edited:
Omg Mojo33 you are the bravest hippie I ever saw. so much pain and on both sides At the same time. Why would a surgeon put you thru both at once? I had a male friend have bilateral hip replacement he said he would never do both at the same time again. It nearly took him down.

I don’t know how you did it. You are by far the toughest lady in hippie life.
always adore your beautiful comments to help so many others cope with THR.

great pic of you and the fish looks yummy... it’s nice to have the surgery behind you and back to business.
many blessing sent your way.. God Bless.

Thanks for the kudos my hippie pal but for all of the drama, mostly from anxiousness about what was normal...that Bonesmarties definitely helped love me through in the toughest parts...it was not horrible.
My bone crunching hip pain was gone immediately and all the rest was surgical trauma that HEALS!:yes!:

Omg Mojo33 you are the bravest hippie I ever saw
Many other brave bilaterals have come and gone...I was not so much brave, but hopeful and absolutely miserable with bad hips and ready to get it fixed.

Why would a surgeon put you thru both at once?
I was a good candidate, per my OS, and cannot imagine it any other way now.
Both my hips were equally bad and recovering with one bad hip can be quite a challenge also.

I have been able to take on almost all physical tasks at the Food Bank single-handedly due to my hesitance to bring in outside volunteers during this pandemic.
Not a brag, just a miraculous fact...long days...lots of walking, packing, unloading and loading curbside pickups.
My new hips make this possible...and it is why I remain a Grateful Double Hippy.:chuckmarch:

You look great. that pic is priceless... It‘s a blast and Adrenalin high. That’s a really big guy too! And I bet tasty.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom