Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Congrats! I'm looking forward to the day I can post the same. Love the cotton field! I grew up surrounded by cotton and tobacco. After I retired and moved back to my home town those fields now grow Vidalia onions, lol.

:wave::wave::wave:
Hey, my bilateral mentor, @Irish Joe
Thanks for the best wishes and figure must be quaren-bored...hoping all is well with you!
Always. Onward and Upward.
:friends:

Need something to fill some hours of your Saturday...

I hope you all join us for this year's BoneSmart Joint Replacement Awareness Day (JRAD) conference on Saturday, May 9th. You can get information on the conference by clicking on the rotating banner at the top of the page. Here is a link to register:

Registration Form ‹ 3rd Annual Joint Replacement Awareness Day – May 9, 2020 — WordPress

Here is an overview of the program.

Understanding arthritis (what is it?, types, symptoms, diagnosis)

Non-surgical treatment options (pills, diet, exercise, stem cells)

Discussion of joint replacement issues in a post COVID-19 world (what will be different now?)

Surgical treatment options - hip (arthroscopy, osteotomy, replacement)

Surgical treatment options - knee (arthroscopy, osteotomy, replacement)

Strategies for success - getting ready for surgery (this is my discussion of pre-op preparations)

Technology round table (minimally invasive surgery, robots, patient specific guides and implants, surgical approaches, and remote patient monitoring)

Successful post-op pain management round table (anesthesia, nerve blocks, pills, swelling)

"My surgeon says it looks good, but my joint feels bad" round table (infection, manipulation, revision, instability, wound drainage, pain)

Hi @Mojo333 … Sorry I missed your Third Hip Anniversary.... :thankyou: for being an amazing Forum Advisor... You have been a blessing to me from Day One of my THR and hope that you'll be doing some more of this in the future! :vespa: But for now, how about some of this? :walking:

Hope all my hippy friends are hanging in there.
This pandemic business is getting OLD!:groan:
Half the world is floundering in the glue of quarantine boredom, and the other half...essential workers are double timing it and are exhausted.
I'm in this half...but frustration abounds on both ends.
Today will be a good day, I've convinced myself. Highlight of my week is getting phone service restored to my Food Bank:yes!: and getting my new hippy trippy tennis shoes in the mail.
rps20200530_080950.jpg

Ready to rock and roll next week!!!:chuckmarch:

Hello @Mojo333 ,
Love your posts. I always have done. You have such a positive attitude and always sound so encouraging. I like the shoe.
Well, I had my 5th hip anniversary in April but it somehow got forgotten with all this pandemic business. My left hip replacement has served me well throughout all there years and I don't need my other (right) hip replacing.
I've got 2 marathons planned (my target is under 5 hours) and the European Ironman at Frankfurt (I live near Frankfurt). I paid for all of them, but goodness knows when / whether they will (ever) take place. Am ready for it now.
In October 2019, I fractured my tibia head, had surgery, got 2 plates inserted, then non-weight-bearing for 6 weeks. Was doubtful whether I would ever be the same again but recovered, went on holiday to Australia with my family in February - we had a lovely time with our daughter who lives in Brisbane - returned, was more than ready to train with my friends but then this terrible pandemic lock-down started. Swimming-pools closed. However, I was able to run and cycle alone. Leaving the house for sport was/is permitted in Germany. Now I go swimming alone in a lake in the area with my wet-suit on every Saturday. Things are opening up again in Germany but not quite back to the previous state.
What's the course of affairs like in your part of the US? Do you all have to wear masks in public. It's compulsory in shops in Germany. Am finding it hard to speak through a mask. Complete mumble. :snork::rofsign: Stay safe and fit and don't overwork. I'm sure you're doing an excellent job.

I'm a translator and can work from home.

Hugs - Constanze

Hi @Constanze and happy belated 5 year hipversary.:egypdance:
I'm glad to know you healed so we'll after that injury. It sounded wicked. But then you are of that tough stuff, and as you know...attitude and patience can make a lot of difference in helping our amazing bodies heal.
I live in a medium size fairly rural town and numbers are fairly low for the virus.
The theory is heat and humidity are not this monster's friend, and if that's the case we are ahead of the game as it is already in the 90sF and muggy as a sauna.:fingersx:
Masks in public are not mandatory but most folks do wear them when shopping or are in confined spaces.
At food bank, we are only operating by call in/curbside pick up which keeps contact down so I don't wear a mask when working, thank goodness because I have a hard time with sinus issues this time of year and I'm somewhat claustrophobic.
Hate tight clothes, and things about my head and face.
Outside is great. I like to swim at my sister's pond and so that was my weekend exercise and relaxation. I get plenty of power walking done during the week.
I hope things continue to get better where you are do you can resume your passions. You are an amazing hippy and we llke to hear of your accomplishments.
Hang in there, friend.

Last edited:
Hi @Mojo333 , Thanks for your lovely post. The landscape must be very nice where you live. I actually belong to the group of people how thrive in warm temperatures, even warm and humid ones. They forecast a warm summer in Germany, too, and at mid-day temperatures are in the 80s here.

Yes, it would be very nice to keep in touch, and if my races ever take place, I will report my results. One race organiser, actually a worker's welfare organisation in a town in my district -Hattersheim on the Main river - has organised a virtual running race. We can run where we want and choose the amount of km we want to run, record the result on our sport watches or smartphone, and then post them on their website. Then we will be able to print a certificate online. I'm planning to do 30 km along the Main river on 12 June. Let's see whether I'll manage. Stay healthy and enjoy your summer. Hugs from Constanze

Today I turned 57 years old.
I really really and truly feel 15 years younger than I did three years ago...Thanks to my double hip replacement.
I have been able to put out 18000 steps plus while I work with my charitable food bank to provide much needed resources to those in need in my community during this horrid pandemic.
It has been ridiculously hot and dry and I don't know if I could tarry on had I not gotten relief from the terrible hip pain OA had me in.
Thankful every day.

Hey, I think I hear thunder.

Attachments

• rps20200728_181232.jpg
    rps20200728_181232.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 277
Thank you my friend. :roseshwr:
Gotta Keep the Faith.
Tough times...but definitely could be tougher.:tada:

Thank you @SaraK
Hard to believe it had been over three years since I had new hips put in.

No regrets!!!

Same here! I didn't even think about the 3 year anni of first hip because of shoulder and quarantine. Maybe I'll remember to celebrate righty in December. I just don't think of them much anymore.

Happy birthday, little hip sister, if we’re going by age. Lol. You look terrific, BTW. Just got back from my annual check up. The doc can’t believe how much better I look and feel. 15 years younger? I think I can relate. So glad for you and thank you for your selfless mission. I think the Universe definitely has your back (and hips, etc.) Lol. ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom