Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Bless you @Mojo333 Love your friends message above. Truth. I am so glad your hips are helping you help others in need. Sleep is a wonderful reward. Stay safe. :SUNsmile:

No one can deny the seriousness of the havoc Covid19 is causing to all of us around the world.
Sometimes humor is the best medicine.
If you haven't already, check this out and feel free to add your own.

From the Mayo clinic:

Stress relief from laughter? It's no joke
When it comes to relieving stress, more giggles and guffaws are just what the doctor ordered. Here's why.
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Whether you're guffawing at a sitcom on TV or quietly giggling at a newspaper cartoon, laughing does you good. Laughter is a great form of stress relief, and that's no joke.

Stress relief from laughter
A good sense of humor can't cure all ailments, but data is mounting about the positive things laughter can do.

Short-term benefits
A good laugh has great short-term effects. When you start to laugh, it doesn't just lighten your load mentally, it actually induces physical changes in your body. Laughter can:
  • Stimulate many organs. Laughter enhances your intake of oxygen-rich air, stimulates your heart, lungs and muscles, and increases the endorphins that are released by your brain.
  • Activate and relieve your stress response. A rollicking laugh fires up and then cools down your stress response, and it can increase and then decrease your heart rate and blood pressure. The result? A good, relaxed feeling.
  • Soothe tension. Laughter can also stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation, both of which can help reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress.

Good article, @Mojo333 I love laughter and laughing.. husband and I seem to do it quite frequently.. and it's so helpful..
:roseshwr:

Our local food bank has been dropping off food to vulnerable citizens...elderly and those with vulnerable medical conditions.
Best of all, Southeast Georgia farmers have partnered with a non profit to supply fresh produce for us to add to our nonperishable supplies.
Great healthy produce. Here's the load I picked up yesterday.

rps20200404_073441.jpg

Glad I have new hips (and some well vetted volunteers) to offload this great resource.

rps20200404_073326.jpg

Yellow squash, zucchini, and sweet potatoes provided by our generous hardworking farmers!

Hello Mojo my friend. Would you believe that is a year ago today that I had my op. Doesn't time fly. Things have greatly improved though I don't think the nerve damage will ever be fully healed. I am grateful for any tiny improvements that come my way these days. My lower leg and knee are very very weak and a bit of a nuisance to be honest. At least the appalling hip pain has completely gone. Thank you for the kindness that you showed me both before and after my op. x

Busy at work, bored from the social distancing...so Sunday I decided to learn how to ride a Harley.
Lessons learned...starting off, balancing, shifting gears...wheee!
Hard Lessons learned...dont ride in shorts and barefoot.:bignono:

Also, should learn how to stop!

Attachments

• rps20200407_054356.jpg
    rps20200407_054356.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 381
  • rps20200407_054230.jpg
    rps20200407_054230.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 391
:blush: Most damage done to my pride.

Foot got a bit mashed. Pretty sore, but all else flesh wounds and bruising.
Iced and elevated...have had a bit of practice with that.:heehee:

I had to run over here to your thread and see the damage! Girl! You need to be careful..
It did look fun though, until it wasn't. :vespa::elevate:

And you worry about me?!? Glad you're (mostly) ok! Be careful - we need you and so do a lot of others!

Wow!! I hope you had fun in spite of the price you paid. Feel better soon and use your scar shield/skin repair!

Great picture of you on the motorcycle! I’ve never driven one but enjoyed riding with my husband, back in the day!

Crazy girl!! Really glad you are ok. That’s a tough scrape up to be sure. I admire your zest for life @Mojo333

Hoping to do some crazy things next year, but with jeans on. :heehee: Hope you are healing up. xxx ❤️

Wow @Mojo333 that looks very painful. I’m glad you’re ok though. You’ve added one more memory to the pandemic of 2020!! Be sure to take care of those bruises and cuts and stay safe! No one wants to see you on the sidelines!!

Oh my goodness! Glad you’re okay and that you were having fun. I always judge what crazy things I might do by how embarrassed I would be sitting across from my OS explaining how I hurt myself. :heehee: In this case, go big or go home, right? It’s all in the attitude. Stay safe! Happy Spring. Happy Easter. ❤ Pat

Yesterday marked 3 years since I had both my hips replaced.

Bilateral total hip replacement gave me my life back.
Infinite thanks to my surgeon for his skill...and to my BoneSmart family for their unwavering support and encouragement.
rps20200502_082533.jpg

@Mojo333 A very Happy 3 Year Anniversary! You are definitely living your life to the fullest and showing us how it's done! You are definitely an inspiration for anyone thinking about going through this, whether it be one hip or both! :loveshwr: :chuckmarch: :happydance:

Congrats on your 3-yr anniversary! You are not only out there putting those hips to good use, you're also a rock star here helping others. Thanks for all you do!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts