Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Quick holiday update. Still a grateful double hippy. December 2016 life was much like this...
bitmoji-20191214035725.png

This year, I am happy and hip pain free.
bitmoji-20191214041139.png

This, I wish for all my hippy friends.

What to expect when you're expecting...all to be well.
A member's question led me to see...how I really felt at six months out. Click here...

I looked here as all is So Good now, and the passage of time has my memory fuzzy.

I've done it again...done absolutely No Christmas shopping so it's off to the races at the crack of dawn :mcoffee:
Hit Walmart for kids first and the mall when it opens for the rest.

Why didnt I start earlier!? Why didnt I order all on line?:gaah:

Good news is Good Hips to go on, so still Blessed.
:santa-dance:

@Mojo333
Why didnt I start earlier!? Why didnt I order all on line?:gaah:

Could it be because you are on Bonesmart encouraging everyone who needs a kind word of reassurance?

It never does get old appreciating our new hips, does it?

Thanks for encouraging me this past year with all the ups and downs of my recovery. This truly is such a kind, friendly group of people who I wish I could personally meet and thank in person. But, until then, Have a very joyous Christmas and the most Happy & Healthy 2020 xox

I just ordered for the one kid I completely forgot to buy for (thank goodness she wasn’t at the family get together). She likes books and I had read several books that she would like. Ordered from Amazon and she’ll get it tomorrow - almost as if I hadn’t forgotten!
Good luck with your shopping!!

Happy New Year @Mojo333 Thinking if you. Hoping your Dad is doing ok after surgery. Can’t remember the exact day, but seems like it was in the last few days.

:prayer:
Sending up a prayer this morning for you both. Wishing you a happy, healthy 2020.

:dogwalk:

Hi, F4F.
Hello 2020. That sounds so futuristic to me!
Thanks for asking...
Yes, Dad had heart cath on Monday to explore some anomalies on a stress test and all went well and he was home the same day.
He has CHF and a myriad of health issues, but as he says "I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in"

I dodged a few dodgy fireworks last night...for really RAN in all caps.
So glad I can run. I do alot of walking with my job but running isn't something I do on purpose.:giggle:

Hope your pain has eased some and I know you are looking forward to a better year.
Hope today is a better day.

Last edited:
Glad your Dad is good. I'm not too sure about you and playing with fireworks, think we're going to have to keep an eye on you! :loll:

About Scars...

I will never be a model.
Too many scars.
Most small, save my hippy scars...but not insignificant and I refuse to see them as blemishes or flaws.
They are remnants of the stories of my life's journey.

The one I barely remember, a scar below my bottom lip where I took my first big tumble as a toddler and put a bottom tooth through the skin.
Mom said I barely cried.

The small round scars of my horrid bout with chicken pox involving mittens and oatmeal baths.

Lots of scars...telling of trees climbed, of a teen's first attempt at shaving her legs, and so many others that along with the pain remembered...hold happy memories of sentimental times.

The larger surgical scars are only fading slowly...but tell of a life reclaimed.

Some people see scars, and it is the wounding they remember. To me they are proof of the fact that there is healing.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom