Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Mojo333

Staff member since August 15, 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
Well, no coffee. Thorough shower on the agenda along with reassuring myself and my better half that it's gonna be ok. See you on the other side

See you on this side soon @Mojo333 ! You've got this! I'll post your recovery articles here so you can refer to them during this journey:

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary

2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this:

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Good luck!! Hope all goes smoothly. The wait is the worst. Soon you will be on the way to recovery. Take care,
Sam xx

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi @Mojo333,
Best of luck with the op. It will all be over and done with soon, and you can start on the upward path
Diane

Thinking of you, best of luck I am anxious to follow your recovery thread!

@Mojo333 thinking of you today and I know you will do well. It will be a big relief to have the surgery behind you. You may the right decision to have this done and now you will be on the other side working on recovery. Wishing you all the best today. Keep us posted once you feel up to it.:flwrysmile:

Mojo3333, thinking of you and hoping all is going well. I know I didn't post on here until I got home so looking forward to hearing from you soon :flwrysmile:

Hey Mojo.
Bi-Lateral is not for wimps eh!!!
Seriously what your feeling now will pass quite quickly.
Concentrate on gaining a bit of strength.
If there is anything bothering you just ask.
Joe........ (fellow Bi-lat).

Yes , thinking of you hoping all is well....

Wishing you a complete recovery[emoji846]

Hi Mojo,
How are you doing? The first few days aren't great in general, and you have the double whammy, so hoping you will start to feel a bit better soon.
Look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it,
Diane

Oh my stars... This forum made me too anxious to even say anything the last few days lest I scare somebody to death. On a walker... Left hospital yesterday...PT rough rough... But definitely helping. I've had the boo hoos a few times but I'm trying to toughen up. Keep me in your prayers...

@Mojo333 Please don't hesitate to post here. Every recovery is different and for some it's a rough ride. We are here to support you. Please come back and update.

PS - if PT is being rough then please say NO! PT should never hurt and pushing only results in a setback.

Mojo, great to see you post. Please keep it up and include both the good and the bad. That is how we all learn. My first PT session at home on Monday wiped me out so when Therapist called next day I told her that and said I wasn't doing anything that day. She didn't seem at all surprised and said that was fine. So instead of coming back yesterday, she will come today.

I can't quite imagine moving 2 log legs but they almost seem to get a bit easier to move on their own it seems so don't get discouraged. Just keep in mind you only have to go through this once. Share the frustrating feelings here, too, as I'm sure others have been there, done that and they may be able to offer some tips. I'm so grateful for this forum and for all the information I have received. And everyone wants to help you, too.

Hang in there. You are on your way to recovery now!!

Hi Mojo.
Grand to see a post from you. The first few days after Bi-Lateral are really difficult for everyone. I could have posted your exact post during my early days. When you stand up and move first it is very traumatic because you don't have a "good" leg to fall back on.
The "boo hoo's" are also normal. This big strong Irishman here cried like a little baby.
I totally promise you that things will improve dramatically over the coming days.
If there is anything particularly bothering please do post it here. We have been where you are. I went for a cycle today. This really is what awaits you.
Life is for living. Yoiur
Joe.........

I think your silence is scaring me more than a post would, in two months I will be where you are now, need to know what awaits I am already scared to death, and your silence is making it worse, my boyfriend who is taking l care of me he seems to think that this is a walk in the park and has a suck it up buttercup attitude, not sure if I can live up to that.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks