Got my MRI results :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your OS is right, that's great! But if your pain level still inhibits the way you live your life it's worth it. I walk a few miles everyday now and ride 8 miles a day on my exercise bike. I couldn't do that before TKR because of the pain involved.

I saw the ortho yesterday and his impression of the MRI is that it's not that bad! He thinks he can treat the symptoms and hold off replacement until I'm closer to 70. I hope he's right! He gave me another steroid shot, even though I didn't think I needed it yet, and have noticed the knee is much better. I guess you get used to the pain.
It may be possible to put off having a knee replacement for a few years, as long as the injections continue to work. However, they do lose their effectiveness for some people.
Once that happens, no matter what your age, it will be time to have the knee replacement. Since knee replacements can last 30 years or more nowadays, there is no longer any need to wait for one until you are "old enough".

If you like, you can download this assessment tool, to assess how much your knee is affecting your life. If you do several assessments over a period of time, you will get an idea about when it is time to take further action:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom