Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

I am so proud of you @Fit4Family ... and SO jealous! Like @Carriemay60 I can hardly wait to gain that bit of independence.

I had a big achievement too today ... my first soak in the tub since I don't know when. I bought this thing that was so comfortable ... and safe ...

We can get some Trader Joe's stuff in our Aldi which is great.

Keep up the good work girl! xx

Thank you @Mojo333 Excited to read about your weekend! Sleep truly is restorative. :SUNsmile:

Thank you @Carriemay60 Perfect description, it does feel like Christmas having her home. I have not been able to visit all year, due to travel issues with hip. Catching up has been wonderful! ❤️

Ah, I’m so jealous of you @Izabel Still have not managed a good soak. My tub is very low to ground, will have to manage getting off floor first. What a great find on Amazon! Hope it was a lovely, rejuvenating soak. Sounds heavenly. :loveshwr:

Hope today is a Good Day.:)
I didn't soak any for many months after my hip surgery.
Probably just paranoid but..:unsure:
I wanted that incision tight as a tick and dry!
It was so hot that spring and I sure did want to swim, but instead I just floated!

Happy 6 week Anniversary hippie sis... so glad you are doing so well... it’s amazing.. 6 short (well they might have felt long [emoji23][emoji3590]) weeks and we have turned the corner!!!! [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My OS recommended that for the first three months I avoid submersion in the following:
Bath tubs, Hot tubs, Pools, Lakes, basically any body of water. I must add he was a stickler about most things.

I understand many of us go through a lot of research in choosing our OS and in doing so, basically decide to follow their recovery protocol. I didn't have any restrictions as far as the 90 degree. However, I followed those restrictions loosely on my own... because that's just my personality. I figured if it's good for many, what can it hurt.

I'm also of the mind set when it comes to being cautious that if someone is advised to be more cautious than I was advised, I'll wonder what they may know that I don't know :skep: In a nutshell, I'd rather be safe than sorry. After all my reading here, I'll avoid anything that could result in an infection at all costs.
Some sadly battle that set back for years. I didn't view staying out of the water for three months as a sacrifice but more as a precaution I was willing to follow. Personal choices.

On a different note, you're doing well! Happy Six Week Anniversary :happydance:I hope you have a great day and wonderful rest of the week!
@Fit4Family

Hi @Fit4Family I missed your anniversary yesterday! :loveshwr: A pillow protected world is a good thing for some of us; I still watch my new "baby" pretty close. I just visited my son's new (older) house and almost had a hiccup or two with a step down to different areas......very scary for me. Just a small slip like that could really affect recovery time! I told them I'd put up caution signs, lol. Hope you have a wonderful day!

@Fit4Family congratulations on another milestone. I am at 8 weeks, and improvements continue to happen daily. What surprises me, is some of the things you wonder when and will they be possible again, suddenly become possible once again. All the best in your continued progress, and enjoy your daughter's visit.

Last edited:
@SE Florida Great idea with the caution signs. Stairs still make me nervous. Have not attempted any without rails. We have going out front door. Looks daunting right now. Take it easy. It’s not a race.

It's kind of like baby steps. You'll know when you're ready to try bigger steps, no rush there!

7 weeks past hip replacement. Have been fighting heavy blues all week. Not sure if it’s the rain, or general malaise about having to wait another 5 weeks to get more active in rehab activities. My hand and elbow have really been keeping me awake at night. Nothing relieves the pain. Oddly, unless I overdo it with standing, my hip really isn’t giving me trouble. Hate to be blue here, but in the spirit of keeping it real. Feeling very done with this process.

Ordered some trekking sticks which I’m hoping will help, seems like a different grip, hoping the angle gives my hand a break. Thinking it’s time to do some sort of sun dance here. Going to try to get out of the house today and brave the rain. Wet floors is how this whole thing started so I’ve tried to avoid them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :SUNsmile:

Oddly, unless I overdo it with standing, my hip really isn’t giving me trouble. Hate to be blue here, but in the spirit of keeping it real. Feeling very done with this process.

Thinking it’s time to do some sort of sun dance here. Going to try to get out of the house today and brave the rain.

I'm the same way with standing, seems odd to me too. I love cooking but the standing involved, jeez! The rain certainly doesn't help with the blues and hopefully it will clear up. Sounds like some vitamin D sunshine is in order! I have felt like you, my patience has run very thin with this hip!!! This too shall pass :what: :shrug:

Thank you @SE Florida I can’t figure out the standing pain. More my feet and general pain in both legs. I’m sure it’s muscle weakness too at this point. Hope you are well and get some sun this weekend! As soon as I see some here I’m parking myself in it. :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom