Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

What a nasty experience @Fit4Family
It’s one thing having an elective THR but must be so different when it’s unexpected as a result
of an accident..
Hoping today is a better day... it sounds a wee bit too warm for me... 70 is the most I can cope with... [emoji3590][emoji8]Chrissie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny I am with you on temperature. My pots are even looking weary from the heat. They don’t have sufficient roots yet, to bare it. Hope your adventure with your granddaughter went well. Need to go check on your thread. xx Sarah

Hi @Fit4Family
I am surely melted as the temps here have been to 100...today only 93...got to find a jacket or something:heehee:
I'm glad to read you got reassurance on your bladder test results.:)
I hope your weekend is happy and healing. Keep the faith!:friends:

Thank you @Mojo333 ❤️ Grateful to see high 80’s in the forecast. I will send it on South to you. On the plus side flowers have taken off will all the sun! :SUNsmile:

Last edited:
My first solo walk across the house today!!!!! Dusting and forgot my cane. Went through 2 rooms before noticing. Called my husband to see. Back to cane as not released, but felt so excited.

Markedly more balanced than just a couple weeks ago. Keeping fingers crossed that bone looks good Tuesday and can move to PT. My right foot has seriously suffered. Pretty sure the pain is Abductor Hallucis. Have been icing every hour which is helping a lot. Last Fall PT taped my foot and pain went away quickly.

Happy weekend hipsters!

Realizing you forget your cane is such fun! The first couple of times I did it I kind of panicked and had someone bring it to me but now I am around the house 70 - 80% without the cane. I do watch though as I notice if I a tired I limp quite bad without it which I really want to do!

Hi @Fit4Family
Yay for walking unassisted :happydance: Good for you :yay: that's awesome!
Wishing you a lovely Sunday. Let us know what you hear on Tuesday.

That’s good news!!! Isn’t it nice to forget that this whole ‘stuff’ happened for just a short while!

I’m still using one crutch outside... I could do without it but.... I’m not so confident.

Hoping you have a great Sunday Hippie sis....I’ve forgotten how many weeks we are now [emoji23][emoji3590]

So so pleased for you @Fit4Family:yahoo: and that you are markedly more balanced. This is still a bugbear with me but I am working on it and feel I am progressing albeit sloooowly.

Hubby has gone to get KFC Crispy Sticks for lunch, yum. Although we live in the country there is one in a shopping centre 20 minutes from us.

Wishing you a lovely Sunday.

:flwrysmile: Izzy xx

Hello all and Happy Sunday! Thank you for sharing in my mini celebration. Even tiny progress feels good! I did get tired @Carriemay60 and went back to cane. I know limping isn’t good for other parts, so will continue with steady progress.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Hoping to get some yard work accomplished. :flwrysmile:

There is so much good in this world.

I went shopping solo this morning at Trader Joe’s. As I was checking out, the younger man who was ringing up my things asked about my cane. I briefly told him, my fall saga. As I was walking out, he handed me a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers and said he wanted to wish me a speedy recovery. I got tears in my eyes. ❤️ Complete stranger, gave my day such a lift.

Happy Monday hipsters!

11 week update.

Had OS appointment yesterday and X-ray. Bone graft is healing nicely. Can barely see holes from screws. OS was thrilled with progress. He reluctantly gave me a PT script for gait training only. Said, no weights, bands, cycling, machines of any kind. Next follow up is at 6 months. Considering that I could not walk or stand before surgery, I’m beyond thrilled with progress. Was hoping he’d let me cycle on stationary bike. But, hard no. He says most of his revisions come from pushing too soon. All the ligaments that were cut take full six months to heal. Walking without cane only goal he wants me to focus on.

Happy hump day!

What a brilliant update and a great surgeon with that advice. I wish I had had such encouragement from mine, although he has done a good job. I felt a real difference after six months and had a near-normal holiday and the best one in years. I overdid PT at the start and suffered from it… I am sure you will get back to stationary bike etc soon. Interesting about the "revisions come from pushing too soon" and "ligaments taking six months to heal"… All surgeons should tell us this so that some of us can manage our expectations (talking to myself here!)

Hello @SurreyGirl Wonderful to hear you had a brilliant holiday and have seen improvements at 6 month mark. Encouraging!!

I know advise differs wildly, but I thought it was very interesting. I did a lot of PT after my hip pinning and never considered it might not be helpful. I don’t think that’s why my treatment failed, bone just didn’t heal. I do know for me I was sore a lot and wish I hadn’t pushed myself. My OS says he rarely sees failed pinnings, so when he met me he was very concerned about my outcome from a THR. I think that is why he insisted on a pillow protected world the first 11 weeks. He really saved me. Very grateful.

Thank you for your encouraging words! ❤️

Great update Hipster Sis... so glad that all is going so well & your surgeon so happy with your progress..you must be so pleased after all you’ve dealt with.

I love your story about the young man & the flowers... I bet that was a lovely way to finish your shopping...

Keep up the great recovery.. Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

:wave:my hippy pal.
I hope you having a good week and gaining confidence in that new hip.
Continued Best Wishes!:friends:

Hi @Fit4Family
What a wonderful update. The reassurance gained from positive visits with the OS sure go a long way in building our confidence. May it only get better and better.
Happy Thursday...enjoy the weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks