THR Good news 14 years later

hamster

Thought I would share for all of you that really worry about having a new hip. I had a triple problem going on, sciatic nerve pain, my hip and pelvis were quite painful. To top it off, (long story short) I discovered a Tick that had been on me for at least 4 days, thought it was a pimple under my beard...

I called my OS to ask about Lyme disease settling in the prosthesis, he said it shouldn't be an issue but since it's been just over 14 years, come in for a check up. They took x-rays and I went in for blood work so he could see if there were any metal ions to get an idea of wear. He said it looks about like the day he put it in and there were no traceable metal ions in my blood stream, that was great news to me! (Zimmer Metal on Metal prosthesis) Went to the chiropractor and she got my sciatic nerve all fixed up so back to normal, no Lyme disease either :)

It's a rough start I know to adapt, and takes a full year of recovery, at least for me just under a year was the last of the pain I would get in my groin area. It was worth it, hang in there!

Thank you. Very encouraging to hear this.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member