THR Gluteus Medius Detachment

OP
OP
I

I’vegotthis!

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@gavinmac 5th wow! I’m hoping you defo beat me . My GT was fractured during THR hence the cerclage wires to repair but thankfully that has healed well. Thanks for the support- I too am finding the pleasures in the simple things in life! Wishing you a quick recovery and no more surgery!!!

OP
OP
I

I’vegotthis!

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am currently laid in my hospital bed after abductor muscle surgery yesterday. I had the minimus and medius sown back on the the greater trochanter. The operation was 2.5 hours but went well. However I am in so much pain! It is worse than the THR! I am on top of pain meds but am dreading the physio visit in the morning. Has anyone else had this surgery? Is this pain normal? Thank you in advance- Sarah.

Hip4life

Staff member since January 6, 2022
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
@I'vegotthis! I have not had this surgery but I can imagine you would be sore just from the incision and any manipulation done during surgery to get to the muscles and trochanter. There is going to be some swelling for at least a few days. When I had my arthroscopic surgery for my tendon release, it was very sore for some days afterward so I can sympathize. Like with THR, icing and elevation helped relieve my pain. I think it would help you as well. Hopefully, you can get the nurses to get an ice pack for you. Just make sure you have a cloth between it and your skin. Blessings that this surgery does the trick in getting you back to a good healing and recovery!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
CanadianLiz
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom