Glenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well good.....Then don't be sounding like you're leaving us like you did a couple of weeks ago. I darn near started drinking again----------Instead, I took a pill....dope freak that I am now.

Well I wouldn't want to be the cause of you falling off the wagon. Such pressure!! I share your drug addicition! And I think I'm addicted to this forum, too.

I just had a bad day that was overwhelming and wanted you all to know I might not be checking in as much, but it was just that day. I'm over it now.

Well good. Thought I was going to have to do some spanking......

Now, I'm trying to go to sleep, don't get me all excited...

Glenda, where are you? Want to know how you are coping? Hope we hear from you tonight, am thinking of you often. Hugs, Sue

Sue (Sorry to put this on you, but you are the one person on this site I feel akin to)
Feelin muh better without the gin or pills. 7 weeks post op now, what are they all talking about on this sight do not undestand all the hypho-nated statements please explain. I have had during the last 10 years had Cancer of the womb, bladder and breast. Followed by a hysterectomy. Mastectomy, reconstruction surgery, radiotherapy and chemo. A knee replacement is a small part really, I always said that the LORD was taking me a little at a time.Still managed to run a home and company. I thought my consultants reaction to my pain great he made me see it was not the be all and end all he made me focus on the here and now and not be reliant on pills.

Love to you and yours Sue x

Glenda, just ask when we say something you don't understand. I do that when I don't know. In fact somewhere someone used KC in their post and I had no idea what that meant. Still don't! We love you and want to make sure we are including everyone in the conversation so make us be clear!

Glenda, so very pleased you are back with us, we have missed you and were worried.
So do you mean you are not having any pain now? That is fantastic if it is what you mean. Are you sleeping any better now? I have a couple of good nights a week, I am taking a herbal sleep remedy, it helps me relax so I don't always have to get up in the night anymore, although I did tonight, but I have a bit of a jip tummy at the moment, so it woke me up prpoer!!

I am still reliant on my Percs, but I got off them before, gradually, and will do so again. My OS(orthopaedic surgeon) understands the need for pain relief while recovering from such major surgery, I really need the pills when I am doing PT (physio therapy). How are you getting on with your PT now, I think you said you were going privately? I could not have got through this without going to mine, she really gives me a lot of encouragement and doesn't push me too far over my pain threshold, which is probably why I am still only at 90 degree ROM (range of movement) or bend. But she still thinks I am doing OK.

I also could not have got through this so far without having found this forum. I kept crying to my husband that I thought there was something wrong with me as I was still in so much pain and couldn't stop bawling all the time. I though I was going to recover almost as well as I had after former more minor knee surgery's I had in the past. To see the threads in this forum was so uplifting to me, I realised I was experiencing the same things as most of the other TKR patients. I also enjoy the fun posts on this forum, it makes me laugh, and laughter is the best medicine !!

You have had to suffer so much in the past, I really feel for you. You have gone through so much more than anyone else here I think. Please continue to post, we really care you know.
Hugs, Sue

Glenda is here just a little worried about the things posted x

Come tell nursey! Anything I can do/say to help? Don't sit and worry, hun. Pwweeease!

Praying for you, Glenda. Just sent one up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jojojo1
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom