THR Gizmo home again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tashia,
You sound so happy and confident these days. You are also great at being encouraging to people and helping them gain from your experiences. Thanks for dropping by- it is really appreciated.:thumb:
:cat-kittyandsmiley:I have just let my cat in. He has an amazing range of vocals. He was sitting outside the backdoor calling in. It really feels as if he is talking to me.
My hip is still really sore but not so swollen. I was told it may well take a few weeks- so I guess I shouldn't panic yet. I do worry that I may have damaged it or knocked it out of it's alignment. How long did your pain take to settle down after your fall?
Best wishes
Gizmo

Gizmo, My knees are finally calm down and my hip was not as sore as the knees. If your still having trouble with still score, are you cutting back on your pain medicane? I find my hip get swollen when I do too much however saying that I went to a Quilt show this weekend and my hip did great and no swelling so think I am getting in recover. I sure hope so. Please drop us a line so we know you are ok. Do take care and be careful :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:

Hi Gizmo,

Just dropping in to see how you are doing??? I need to make visit to the pool soon so that I can decide whether our family is going to continue with the summer membership to the outdoor pool. It's really just my daughter and I that go most frequently and so I need to see if my legs can still swim....

How is your tender spot where you got hit by the door? All better I hope.

And you know we need to have an update on that cream egg, it's been a few weeks.

Hope all is well,
Cardie

I read my post and I reliezed I didn't really answer your question on' how long did it take my knees to stop hurting. I have to admit that the fact they did hurt I tried not to focus on how long. It did take over a month. Then the next thing I relized the pain was gone. How cool can that be? How is your hip doing? I hope its getting better. Nothing like hurting the area that was operated on. I did lots of warm herb bags. I find iceing sometimes works for me and sometimes it doesn't. I just finished a pain class and I found out that using both are ok. But right after a injury you are to use ice. Then you can use either. Please take care and be careful. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:

Hi Gizmo,

How's your hip? How's the weigh ins going?

Hope you are having a good week!

xxooxx

Hi gizmo, (October Fiestie :)

Just popping by to catch up on your progress and say hello.

How are you going?

Happy Easter Sunday Gizmo,

How is everything going? Has your hip healed from the bruising? Hopefully you are super busy walking on the beach and living life!

Lots of love,

Sarah

Hi,
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!:cheers_wine:
I have been on holiday which was fun. The least painful holiday for years.:yay:
But I was a bit sad that I wasn't keeping up and still had to opt out a lot of the time.:cry: I guess stamina takes a while to build back up again and I really need to get my muscles working together.

As for that cream egg- I reached that target a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.:happy dance: The Easter holidays have been hopeless in terms of weight loss. If I have stayed the same at my next weigh in I will be happy and then can take it from there. It is good to be back into more of my clothes I had got a bit limited -but determined not to buy bigger sizes!

The hip is a lot better than it was after the bump , but it did put me back weeks. It is still a bit tender even now. I have stopped worrying about it now so that is a good sign. I did appreciate the reassuring comments.

I do feel so lucky to live near to some lovely beaches, so I guess with summer approaching I am going to try out beach therapy occasionally. I think I will have to take a chair though as if I sat on a beach I don't think I could get back up again very easily. Um-could be very tricky.

Best wishes
Gizmo

Hi Gizmo,

What a nice update!! Yes, it does take a while for that stamina to get back up to full speed... keep up the beach-therapy and you'll be running circles around the family next time out. :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie

Going to the beach, I'm jeoules. Sorry about spelling. I know you know what I mean. I miss the ocean so much. Haven't seen it for some time. I so glad you had a great weekend. Keep it up. Take care and stay safe. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:

Hi Gizmo,

Love the update, thank you! No worries with the weight it will work itself off with time, those weigh ins will help too.

Yes I get envious with the beach walks it just sounds heavenly the ocean air yummy!

Have a good weekend.

xxooxx

Hi Gizmo

Sounds like you are improving slowly and fantastic on your weight loss.. Always a hard thing to do.. Well done.

Enjoy more of this beach visits :)

Hi,
No weight loss over holidays. However I think having swims everyday and making some healthy choices along the way I managed to come away with only a very small gain. (1lb) Smaller than I was expecting.:dancy: and worth it definitely. This week I need to get back on target with it .

I did get to the beach with my son this afternoon. We both had a lovely time pottering around. I really missed it last year - driving was so painful and eventually I was limited to essential short distances only. Lovely and sunny today but cold. Slow walking isn't so great for keeping warm. However it whetted my appitite to warmer trips and did get me thinking that despite my slow progress, this summer is going to be so much better than the last.:yahoo:

All the best
Gizmo

Hello Gizmo

I'm glad that you are going well after the setback with the argumentative door. (They have no respect!)

I was just wondering when did you move from walker to cane? I have been trying to get on the cane but then issues came up (limping) so PT put a stop to that one. So I was just curious how long it took you to get on the "stick"?

Hearing that you are on the stick even at 4+ months reassures me that its the journey and not the getting off of things (e.g. off walker, off cane, off meds) that counts and the long term prize of walking with no pain and no limp.

Take care

Carol and Gizmo,

I am 5+ months out and using my cane and still walker at night if I need to get up to use bathroom...rather be safe than sorry. It does come, I am much more able with the cane now than I was just a week ago. It takes time, regaining strength and stamina. Know from my 1st THR, thought I would use a cane forever but sure enough I got there and was walking without a limp unaided. All the best to you.

Gizmo-Congrats getting on the beach! I remember my first summer getting back to the beach post op-another great THR freeing moment:thumb:

Hi Carol,
Its funny I hardly even remember the exactly whens now. I only used a walker in hospital. I was on both crutches for walking outside for a good 3 months- ages. I moved onto one crutch eventually as I was really wobbly and unstable with a cane. I am now over 6 months and still use my cane mostly except for very short walks. My muscles are really weak and I limp quite badly and get exhausted too quickly without it. Until my muscles are stronger I must keep using it. I think its a bit of trial and error when to change but I think your body knows when to start trying- although it may be in short bursts initially. I'm not bothered to keep using the cane- it helps. You're right it is the journey that counts. It is so much of an emotional journey- as much as the physical journey really, maybe even more so.
All the best
Gizmo

Morning Gizmo,

It was good to hear from you on my thread. You are right about it being an emotional recovery too I think confidence plays a huge part in this journey.

Are you still going to your weekly meetings to weigh in? I'm loving my weight loss it's such a liberating feeling, I'm having to be super cautious right now and it's just as hard to watch what I'm eating, I've been at this time frame before and can easily slip back to adding more food and yes it would take no time to gain the weight back....ewwww no way!

Have a good weekend!

xxooxx

How are you doing? I thought I would stop by and say "Hi". It sounds like you are doing great and going to the beach WOW thats great. Good to hear that you are still focus on your weight. That is so great. All that weight gone will make the hips feel so much better. Keep up the good work and have a good Sunday. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom