THR Gizmo home again

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
G

gizmo

Hi, been lots going on so I haven't signed in for a while- but you have been in my thoughts. My progress continues but at times it does feel frustratingly slow. I have just read through some of my earlier entries and that was reassuring to look back and remember how hard it was to start with. Although I still can't do all the things that I would like its good to be reminded of the improvements. I still use a cane apart from short distances and I still have a very marked limp. I have recently been given a lift for my shoe from the podiatrist as there is a LLD, I have felt quite lopsided since my op, so hopefully that will help. My muscles are also still really weak despite going to the pool and gym very regularly. Has anyone had weak muscles and if so did you keep making improvements? I am about 9months post op now. I would love to be able to hike again. I also still get tired quite easily- could be as a result of coping with weak muscles. Mostly I am staying positive, I am happy that the athritis has gone at least on one side. The other side will need doing sometime. I do feel if it hadn't been such a battle to get help and my muscles hadn't degenerated so much pre op that my outcome now would have been improved. But I am in a better place now than I was six months ago. Looking back to earlier days reminded me how wonderful and supportive people on this site have been and that was such a teriffic help.
All the best .
Gizmo

Mad Rocker

senior
Country
Canada Canada
Hi Gizmo

I hear what you are saying. I am 4 months POP and I feel like my progress has come to a stand-still. What spoiled me was the good improvement I had in the first month after the surgery. Then getting hurt---that did not help things at all. I too am limping like crazy and have weak muscles from the pre-surgery staus. I have to think that for at least 3 years I struggled with a bad hip and for the last 2 1/2 years just the limping and not being able to do anything. Then to top it off there is no getting the help to get the darn hip fixed. I still do not understand why it took me 15 months to get on the hip replacement list and then 8.5 months to get the surgery. I know its our medical system but it just doesn't make any sense.

How is your pain...I am still on narcotics which chaps my GP's hide a bit. He read me the riot act last Friday to get off or he will just not approve anymore refills. So much for medical care.

Take care and keep in touch. I know its tough but just a quick note will let us know how you are doing. It helps even if you just want to rant. I'll listen.....:bicycle2:

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
smiley-hugs.gif
FOR YOU CAROL. ITS BEEN ROUGH AND YOU DESERVE BETTER AND YOU'VE BEEN SO PATIENT AND YOU'VE WORKED SO HARD. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, I CARE.

Poppet

Nutritional Advisor
Country
Australia Australia
Gizmo, how wonderful to get an update from you.. We were to be October Feisties 2011 with just a day apart, until I got cancelled.

Sorry, that your recovery is going a bit slow, but you know, some very wise women from the pool down at our retirement place said to me before my surgery... fix your mind Sandy on 90% recovery at 1 year and 100% at 18 months and the give yourself another six months... I thought at the time! Wow that is a long time.. But, I can tell for me, slow and steady is going to win my race and that is my timeframe...

You will get there hon, I am sure.... please don't stay away too long, it is wonderful to hear from my surgery generation of hippies....

Lots of love xxx gizmo;

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JojoY
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom