TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

Today is my 50th birthday. Not sure how I feel about it.
Can't stop time, that's for sure :)
I can say that my knee is definitely doing better but I struggle with pain and stiffness daily. I know it is because I push my boundaries regarding exercise and ADL's. The REST of my body is ready so therefore "The Knee" should be, right ? LOL!
My gait is not where it should be and I have to be very mindful to correct my steps or I swing my leg (hip) out to favor the leg. Can't wait to not have to think about that!

Happy Birthday! It's not about numbers! Anyway 50 is the new 30 - so they say.
Can't wait to not have to think about that!
It will happen! Just give that knee time. It's good you are focusing on your gait. Tough at first. You will get there!

Thank you @Jaycey & @Jockette :). I have a new perspective; have for a few years now.
Things that used to be such a big deal just aren't anymore.
By the way, I got out of my toxic work environment and found a different, much better position! I'll also be doing some small scale farming in the next few years. That is my dream and it is becoming reality.
Life is good!

Thanks @Susie-Q ! I've been here, reading but not posting. This forum still provides much needed support and I am so glad to have found it. I love reading about your and others' progress. It makes me feel part of a community, one which we are exclusive members :walking:haha!

A big happy 50th birthday to you Gingerbread! Hope you got to make the most of your day, knee permitting.

@Gingerbread.....have you considered using OneStep to help with your gait? It's worked very well for many of our members. Our current promotion with OneStep allows BoneSmart members a 2 week free trial to check it out.

Happy Birthday @Gingerbread!! I know how hard this is, and it's such a rollercoaster! All I can say about birthdays is, it's relative. Wait until you turn 70, then tell me how much you wish you were 50 because it's so young!

Happy Birthday Gingerbread! Yes, that’s a big one but it was one of my most exciting years. My twins both graduated from college, got my first grandbaby and also went on my first cruise. My 50’s were great years! And we have to realize that many people didn’t or won’t even make it to 50. It is a gift to grow older! ( sure doesn’t feel like a gift right now, LOL). I have made it to 63 and still think I am 35.

I totally understand your gait issue. I have to really focus on heel/toe and not throwing my leg out. I am still very stiff and since I am doing about the same as my other PKR, will probably be stiff for several more months. Wish I wouldn’t be!

Happy to hear you got out of a toxic work environment and that you are doing what you are passionate about! GOOD FOR YOU!

@Gingerbread.....have you considered using OneStep to help with your gait? It's worked very well for many of our members. Our current promotion with OneStep allows BoneSmart members a 2 week free trial to check it out.
Hi @Jamie . Yes, I am on the fence about it. I am such a tech averse person even though my jobs have been WFH and I have had to learn and use new programs. Chalk it up to being old school I guess!
I keep looking at it and have as yet to take the leap. I see it also gives a 15% discount. It would keep me accountable. Thank you for the reminder :)

Happy Birthday Gingerbread! Yes, that’s a big one but it was one of my most exciting years. My twins both graduated from college, got my first grandbaby and also went on my first cruise. My 50’s were great years! And we have to realize that many people didn’t or won’t even make it to 50. It is a gift to grow older! ( sure doesn’t feel like a gift right now, LOL). I have made it to 63 and still think I am 35.

I totally understand your gait issue. I have to really focus on heel/toe and not throwing my leg out. I am still very stiff and since I am doing about the same as my other PKR, will probably be stiff for several more months. Wish I wouldn’t be!

Happy to hear you got out of a toxic work environment and that you are doing what you are passionate about! GOOD FOR YOU!
Thank you!!! :loveshwr: It is a gift to grow old.

Hope your birthday was wonderful, full of many tiny wonders. At 50, you get to celebrate all year long - so it is decreed! :yes!:

I have to really focus on heel/toe and not throwing my leg out.
Take the step, heel to toe, tighten gluteals, set core lightly. There is so much to remember as I try to correct a gait that has been wrong for a decade.

Just a note to those along this journey, just about 4 months post op.
I have been taking an anti-inflammatory supplement since my practitioner recommended it in August.
Due to the price, I attempted to wean myself off.
Well, it apparently was money well spent! I skipped my usual morning dose today. My knee became increasingly dark pink and warm, and was "on fire" in discomfort. I relented and took the capsules at 1:30 pm. I felt the difference within 15 minutes; the warmth subsided as did the redness and discomfort. My ROM improved as well, back to what I am accustomed to.
I ordered it again. It is my Christmas gift to myself. Not sure if I am allowed to say what the supplement is; but it is amazing. I can say it is made by Metagenics.

@Gingerbread, can you say exactly what this supplement was? I looked at their website and it was not obvious which one you might be referring to.

Thanks.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back