Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Getting Closer

Geegee

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm scheduled for a total hip replacement 20th April - so I guess that includes me with the April Rainbow! Exciting and scary all at once.

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
@Geegee
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
You will notice I have added your surgery date to your signature, and have added you to the April Rainbows.

We are all nervous about having a joint replacement, a normal reaction to be both excited and scared all at the same time.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Geegee
It will be great to get rid of that hip pain, right?:tada:

I am a few months shy of three years from bilateral hip replacement and never regretted this surgery.

Eat well, stay strong and we will be here to cheer you on.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Geegee Good to see your post and see you have a surgery date. I remember the nervousness.. it is so understandable.. just try to get your home prepped and ready and make sure you get your recovery aides in order.
It makes the recovery so much nicer when you are prepared.

:welome: to BoneSmart!

leejaa

Forum Advisor
Country
It is hard to wait for surgery and it also brings on the worries. I coped a lot by getting house ready for recovery. Making sure I overstocked on many items so they would be handy as well as making sure I had meals in freezer. Also figured out where my nest for recovery was going to be and getting the living room spaced out so I could walk easily with the walker.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Harryrightknee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom