Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

graduate
Country
United States United States
Hi Folks

BTKR on June 3rd.

After being stalled at 104 R/106 left for awhile and the OS on August 4th not real happy (I was as the predications that given the state the knees were in there was a very good chance we would not get much more that what we had preop which was about 92/95 with the right one having a 10 degree flexion contracture). He thought we could get to 120 based on how it moved in the operating room. He wanted to avoid a MUA as we had a minor tibial fracture on the right which made a high probability of one occurring.
He told the PT to get more aggressive.

So I continued with 3x a week PT, bought an exercise bike and tried to get in a full set of exercises a couple of times a day and some extra stretch and ROM throughout the day and today, the start of month 5 we are at 115 R (-3 )/118 L with the PT pushing. By myself I can get them to 110/115 ROM which the PT calls fluid ROM. So with 6 weeks to the next OS visit I think I will make the 120. I don't think the right one will go flat but we are working at it. So far the insurance company has not said anything about all the PT thank goodness.

For those of you just getting the pedals around you can start to plan for the next milestone, lowering the bike seat!. I find every notch we go down is a victory. My only problem with that is that since the right one is bit tighter than the left I do some funky movement with the right ankle which does get a bit sore.

So for all of you having ROM problems and that seems alot of us, keep going and hopeful you to will see success.

Now if the rain would stop I would be happy as the old before storm pain is back and slipping on wet leaves is a big problem. Other than that I have been pretty pain free and don't even use anything before PT any longer.

I have really appreciated all the exercise suggestions and overall help from everyone.

Also got some good news from the foot doc that after 5 months of daily ultrasound (I do it at home while my leg is on the knee extension board) he is finally starting to see the nonunion foot fracture starting to close so he will probably not have to put a screw in it. Yeah!

Simon

The trees are approaching peak and it is beautiful.

PS I am going to add more installation to the attic so that I don't have to deal with trying to get hugh ice blocks down. I broke the roof rake last season trying to get them down.

Sounds good, Simon. Well done you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts