TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

Well done you @beachy thats great news a whole 4 hours just Wow!!!!,
Hope hubby is doing well, and he too can soon be pain free gosh you have had a run of it.
I too feel much better today managed 6 hours straight sleep :)))) amazing what a difference not being so tired does for our whole well being .
I have been using over the counter anti-inflammatory cream and pills since yesterday afternoon and I took a sleeping pill last night so all in all back to improving :)
I had an epiphany this morning .... in my eyes my hubby has not been as supportive as he could of been and I have been going down the track of he doesnt love me any more
Bla!!Bla!!Bla!! Sure you get what I am on about, then I remembered what I read on someones post while dropping of to sleep last night, their hubby had to seek help to cope while his wife was recovering.....Oh my giddy aunt nothing wrong with hubby and he must have the fortitude of an Ox , I can be a bit stubborn at the best of times factor in no sleep, pain, effects of medication,and all the rest that comes with this recovery, think he might just need a medal , at least now I know why he has been spending lots of time up the shed, bless him :)))))))

Chris :)

Last edited:
@traceys looks like beachy will not get enough votes for president, and you and I are doing ok apart from a bit stiff , so think we should bow out of the nominations this time round ...what do you think

Chris:flwrysmile:

I agree. It’s finally time to turn the reins over to some new blood. Thank God!!!

Our hubs have definitely been they the ringers with us. And poor @beachy ’s had his own trauma going on. Hubby and I actually talked a week before surgery. I told him I wanted him to stay my hubby and not become my nurse they this because I needed to lean on him emotionally and mentally and we could use the resources we had to handle the rest like cooking and housekeeping etc. Told him to think and get back to me in 48hrs and we wouldn’t discuss it until then. He came back and told me he was scared and felt helpless because he couldn’t stop what was coming and he didn’t know what to do to tend to things. That’s when we sat down and made a plan of what could wait til I could do it and who could help with the rest. I had no idea the impact it was going to have on him until he spoke up.

I guarantee Mr Gecko was trying to be everything he could but at times was lost. We get caught up in our pain and our heads and forget that loved ones can see it too. Sounds like you are healing on a lot of levels dear. :console2:

Sure am @traceys sure am , it feels great slowly climbing out of this quagmire of emotions, and putting the lid firmly on this revovery , decided to shoot for going back to work in 3 weeks and I cant wait.
Putting some small goals down for those 3 weeks , catching up on my annual online learning before I go back started today :)

I think that we forget because we are so focused on our own misery just how hard on our supporters this could be, I know I did. My fiance has been a God send without once complaining. Always has a smile on his face and heaven knows I have been difficult at times. I'm trying to plan something special just for him later in the spring so he knows how much I need him and he is so appreciated. I can't even imagine this without him. Hats off to these wonderful support people.

I know what you mean about the hubs, Gecko.

Mine did everything he could for me. But, he doesn't know how to do everything. He worked long and hard hours until the day he retired and doesn't have a domestic bone in his body. Suddenly, he has to be a caregiver. I think that's true for most spouses/partners. If I didn't tell him exactly what I needed it didn't get done. I have a ton of patience and knew what the deal was. He does keep me laughing, though! Patience and a fab sense of humor are important in tkr recovery.

@donnag1108 , It took me a bit to realise the issue was me, when one of my lovely hubby's retorts were,... can't do anything :censored: right for you , that was an eye opener I got so engrossed in me and my knees and all that went with them, I took my frustrations out on him. Can't remember exactly what it was he didn't get right, but I am much more aware and things are good at the moment :)

@beachy glad out patient's was a success, you are doing amazingly, but you hit the nail right on the head :bolt: I have been tending stuff a certain way for so long, that I couldn't see that it was still getting done all be it very different to how I would do it, though I still jump a little if he helps with laundry and puts my dark clothes in with his greasy/oily work clothes :-(

Any how things are a bit better finished a couple of on line learning modules we have to do annually for work and worked outside today for 5 hours straight, not heavy stuff just cobwebs and sweeping general yard tidying, icing and elevating now, but at least if I try to do a few hours straight every other day, I will soon get my stamina back for a couple of 6 hour shifts at work a week

:flwrysmile: Chris

It sounds like you're coming out of the funk! TKR can be a painful and emotionally draining recovery. Maybe you swept the cobwebs out of your brain, too :rotfl:. But, you have to put your foot down (gently, don't hurt your knee) about mixing your clothes with his greasy clothes LOL!

Ha Ha!!! @beachy I am sure your right cobwebs thoroughly swept from my brain, had a little chat with hubby now I do the laundry he hangs it out, so much nicer now when I put on my favorite pj's which are navyblue/black and they dont smell of deisel :heehee:

Hope youu get some relief from your injections, how's hubby doing :))))))

Well here I am back from physio for my third and last time, yep...was discharged no more appointments just had to promise to keep doing the excersise at home, I said ok no worries didnt have the heart to tell her I have never really done them regular, but She guessed:heehee: and said at least try every 2 - 3 days, my measurements 1st knee 95 flextion and +1 extension, 2nd knee 100 flextion and 0 extension, still dealing with swelling on my first knee apparently it is because of the original injury.
I am over all happy with that, must admit I put my self back in the ODIC club afterwards by doing all my errands without my stick (I had it tucked under my arm) after I got home put the dinner on and the shopping away it was elevate and ice for me, just feeling better now , its11.42 pm so I am off to try get some sleep :)))

Wow! What a nice, busy day you had. I hope you can get lots of sleep.

Yay for you and graduation from pt!

Hubs is going to be okay. Still recovering. If I don't inflict bodily harm on him. Thanks for asking. :rotfl:

@beachy The most dead pan hilarity I have read on here in ages.
:loll:
Buy him some Hello Kitty bandaids and an orange popsicle. They fix everything.

@gecko needs a little gecko in a graduation gown for your avatar now

You ladies are everything to me on “those days”

Ok how about this or maybe this LOL!!!!

Attachments

• 20190131_143100.jpg
    20190131_143100.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190131_134907.jpg
    20190131_134907.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 105
I agree, the top one! So cute!

Ok they are side by side on my screen, it was fun making them both whilst lounging in the ODIC club :))
I will be back there for sure tomorrow in the club I mean .. why you ask.... I did full rotation on the excersise bike finally, I was giving up hope it would ever happen and was always number 1 knee stopping me, but today I felt a little less tight so I lifted my hip slightly and around she went, funny thing is she is a bit sore , but actually feels like some thing freed up, I did 10 rounds in total, so I am realy quite chuffed with myself:biking:

I'm quite chuffed with you too! Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling when the pedal goes around? With your feet attached lol.
I vote for the first gecko too. That little lizard face!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom