TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

Thank you tracey, its been a tuff couple of weeks have had the stomach flu, and the fed up blues,and lost one of my cousins in the UK he was only young too in his fiftys, and though I have not seen him for years it still hurts and reminds us of our vunrability I guess
my knees are ok no worse and no better its hard when you cant see any progress, oh well guess I am just a negative Nancy at the minute

Any how hope you are doing well and still enjoying your date nights☺

Thanks @sistersinhim a tuff few weeks, my cousin passed away in the UK, and just stuff I am sure you know how it is xxx

Oh @gecko I am so sorry about your loss that is heartbreaking. Time apart physically from someone doesn’t make the distance any bigger in our hearts. :console2:

The fed up blues have replaced the ODIC for me a fair amount too. Not sure when we quit one club and join the other but I think I preferred ODIC tbh. Date nights are still going well although this brutal cold temp and snow keeps us closer to home.

Whether I call you gecko or negative Nancy you are still pretty cool to me.
:walking:

Hang in there. Every day puts our stupid knee surgery dates one day further behind us.

@traceys thank you for helping me get out of my pity party, Negative Nancy is having a break, and Gecko is back
Glad you are out there and doing ok , I am still jealouse of your date nights , and still in the fed up blues club

But I think you are pretty cool yourself xx
Chris

Hi Everyone,
Took myself for a bush wobble today needed to get out of the house and out of my own head, was suprised to see slipper orchids still in bloom...made my day.
Contacted my family in the UK , sent them lots of love and hugs thats all I can do from here, have not been back since 1969
Currently icing and elevating apparently wobbling in 30 degree heat not cool for first knee, second knee no worries lets go again, must admit I am deep in the fedup blues club but trying hard to surface, guess just sick of my own company .

Thankyou for being there:flwrysmile:

Getting out even for a short while is good for you! I'm glad you made it. It's funny how icing feels so good, but the cold outside doesn't. :scratch:

My sympathies @gecko .My Dad died last week and it does knock you back. Luckily I live near him and saw him in the morning before he died. He was 95. However with all the things to arrange it I have another focus than the knee. Except my brain is still like mush due to lack of sleep ....
Do wish I was in Oz instead of the cold Uk.My son is living in Sydney so as soon as my knee heals I want to get over.
Hope you’re feeling a bit more like it gecko. I did notice on another post you’d made a fruit cake so that sounds like progress !

Hi Gecko,
Sorry to hear that you're blue :sad: and about the passing of your cousin.
Look at what you've accomplished....2 knee replacements in 2 weeks. That's enough to make anyone fed up with pain and wobbling. It's an up and down recovery. X2 for you!

And, hey, we're not sick of your company! I still giggle at the sight of you dressed as a Halloween gecko for your first tkr!
Hang in there!

@beachy lovely to hear from you, you know life just sometimes gets you down I remember when younger everyone atound was getting married and then everyone was having babies then grandchildren , but now its really sad because people around me are going to heaven, I lost my x- motherinlaw this morning, I hadn't seen her for a long time either, it makes you take stock
SO....... time to just get back to living this life with these 2 wobbly knee's and being eternally gratefull That I can:angel:

Gecko! A loss is still a loss. I’m so sorry. :console2:

Time to do something for you now

@gecko was just having a similar conversation with a friend the other day.We ended with the count your blessings phrase and it’s true life goes on. We have to look forward to being mobile and taking part in ordinary life again.
For me the plus side of my father’s funeral is that my son and 2 grandchildren are coming over from Sydney bringing some Ozzie warmth I hope!. It’s freezing here so I’ve told them to bring jumpers etc.
Wishing you some better days Gecko.

Life does get you down, for sure. The great part is when you can pick yourself up. Not everybody can.
As we get older it does seem like we experience more loss.
Hang in there and those knees won't feel so wobbly before too long!:console2:

Afternoon fellow smarties, well not sure if its my still being a little down
in the dumps, but my no:2 knee is not happy
I have only been taking paracetamol x 2 500mg every 6 hours (or until maximum dose is used)
For my knees for the past 2 weeks with the occasional tramadol 50mg IR when needed and can still say pain wise during the day is good, last 2 days though I have noticed the swelling and stiffness increasing despite icing and elevating for at least 3 to 4 times a day for an hour at a time, the big issue with number 2 knee it seems to be getting stuck at night I dont get a lot of sleep but this knee is waking me up, it feels like it gets stuck into whatever postion it was when I fell asleep, pain is bad and takes a while to get it moved into a different position then an hour or less somtimes later it is stuck again, went and bought some over the counter antinflamatory pill's and cream just incase I have been a bit eager to be off prescription meds for knee 2 it is only 10 weeks.
Yay!!!! Just realised it is my 12 week aniversary for number 1 still have some issues with swelling there but it is part of the healing from the original injury 14 months ago
Thankyou all for your kind thoughts regards my losing family I am sure this is why I am still a bit down, I dont post everyday but I do read all your lovely encouraging posts

Chris:flwrysmile:

@gecko
It must be something in the air as a few of us are reporting the same things...sleep loss again, odd pains returning, stiffness despite being “good”. It’s simply depressing and maddening isn’t it.
Your knee sounds like it may be reacting to the stress you’ve been under lately and heavens knows you’ve had your share lately. The body will definitely show signs

Sending you squishy hugs to get you thru all this!
:console2:

@traceys Your a genius why oh why didnt I think of that, I will take your squishy hugs and squish you right back.
Sometimes we can't see the woods for the tree's, I was only reading here today how our stress whilst healing can cause rashes, so why not a re ocurrance of pain , though this locking buisness is definately new, I think may be because I have not slept well since first surgery that now I am sleeping in my old familiar position my body just goes into a deeper sleep out of exhaustion :yawn: I am sure Ha!Ha!, and I dont move knee until it realy yells at me, because once I am up and about it doesn't happen, just when I am trying to sleep :sleeep:takes a bit to unlock it too

Thank you for being there I really needed to hear your encouraging words

Chris:flwrysmile:

Hi Chris! Good to see you post, but sorry you’re blue.

My knee is stiff and sore lately. Tracey is right. What’s going on with our knees lately? I may have visited ODIC again :yikes:. It’s been a week with my knee. But, as we know, tomorrow can be a good day. So up and down.

Hang in there!

I sat in the surgi center for 4 hrs waiting for hubs outpatient surgery today. My knee and my back doesn't hurt. What is going on here??????

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom