TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

:yes!: Oh you are going to feel so much better at home!
It’s good they kept you a few days to make sure they operated on a person and not a gecko:rotfl:
Keep us posted.

Hi gecko I saw your costume so cute, I loved it. Glad you are doing well and going home too!! I love being home as I missed my animals. They are by my side most of the day. They love to beg for food but haven't done that when my husband brings me food. It's really odd. I am sure that will change soon. Lol

gecko wow two knee replacements within two weeks, great to hear you were up and in the chair and what a difference a shower makes you feel so different, the hospital I was in the drain didn't take the water away very well and the cubical ended up like a swimming pool by the time we were finsished :snork: hope you get through all this work on your body onwards and upwards.

Hi everyone,@beachy @forbesy not such a great day yesterday, was great to come home but the 2 hour drive was horrendous, could not get pain under control until 2am this morning
Today is much better , showered in my step into bath shower, managed some excersise but mainly concentrating on keeping swelling and pain under control.
I dont have staples or sutures , my OS used a dressing called Prineo skin closure system, it is a combination of mesh and liquid glue and have been able to shower since day one, it is also all I have no bandages, it is very flexible have posted a photo below
Yesterday I was cancelling next knee, today it is back on:rotfl:it is amazing what a difference being relatively pain free makes

Attachments

• 15414033880491120092123.jpg
    15414033880491120092123.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 243
Gecko! I figured you were having some difficulties and I can relate.
My ride home was almost 2 hrs and awful.

A little advice....ditch the exercise for now. Just getting up to use bathroom is all you need. You’re right about keeping swelling and pain under control! Ice, elevate, medicate, drink lots of fluid.

I also had the Prineo closure. It was great. My scar is almost pink now and flat. It’s more comfy that staples, isn’t it?
I hope everyday is better and better!

How did the hospital react to your costume?

Beachy, Gecko answered your question in the pre op thread.

Gecko, I agree that you need rest, ice and elevation more than anything else right now.

Good morning all, So this is day 7, I have taken everyone's advice and cut back on the excersise just icing and elevating , I can do my own ADL'S and get to and from the bathroom as needed, I wonder if anyone is having difficulties with pain in the top of the foot leading into the great toe this pain is giving me more grief than the knee this morning.

Also are any of you having any vivid dreams? I am sure it is the medication but sometimes I wake up and think the dream was real

Thank you for you all being out there I am so glad I found this forum, Why? because I know NO question will ever be deemed stupid and you never know the question you just asked might be exactly what some one else needs the answer for :thankyou:

@gecko, yes! The dreams were so vivid and real while on the meds! I'd wake up withy arms in the air trying to do something, usually it was all about work! Lol! It stopped after getting off of them!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi buddy!
Good to hear from you! Yes, week 1 was full of craziness. I felt like my body was invaded. Not only dreams, but I was talking back to the dreams and motioning with my hands. I woke myself on several occasions doing this. Hubs confirmed it when he “caught me in the act”.

It’s nice to hear you’re getting around. Sorry about the foot and toe pain. Hopefully it goes away quickly.

Isn’t it nice to have that first week behind you?

@skigirl
I don’t know how I missed that. Going over now to read it.

Goodmorning Goodmorning, so today is the beginning of the preperation for number 2 knee.
I have to stop my anti inflamatories, I know from past experience that not taking them increases my pain level so will be taking imediate release tramadol if needed and ice elevate and rest until surgery on Tuesday
I cant wait to get this other knee done because and I know this will sound crazy but this week at home feels like being in limbo, almost like can't get a a plan together for excersise and stuff , I have no idea what I would do different once they are both done because I am very much letting my knee direct me, I dont know just feels like this week doesn't count :shrug:
So the pain in my foot and great toe settled and slept really well 5 hours up for bathroom then another 3 , hubby went back to work today so I am home alone , not to concerned as managing to walk around my home without any aides, luckily I did lots of cooking before went to hospital so just got a meal out of freezer for dinner tonight,
Thankyou all for being there it is such a help :flwrysmile:

I also walked around without aids right away, but be careful because you are putting your full weight on that joint. for the first two weeks I spent 80% of my time lying in bed or on the couch with my leg elevated and iced. Right now your goal is to get the swelling under control.

Wow Gecko! Less than a week for knee #2!
Please don’t worry about exercise for awhile. Being able to use bathroom and adl’s are exercise enough for several weeks. Believe me, I learned the hard way. Bonesmart has been telling me that for months. Did I heed the message? Not at first.

The first week (and many more) might feel like limbo, but your body is healing itself from this huge surgery. That’s a lot of healing, sister!
I’m glad the foot/toe pain is gone. And you’re sleeping! That’s great!

I think your costume for knee 2 should be Super Woman because you’re doing so well!

@gecko wow it seems like your second surgery date came quick. I agree with @beachy the superwoman costume is so fitting for you! Sending you a big hug from Texas!:yay:

@skigirl you are absoloutly right I guess I was thinking to get used to how much I could do before next surgery, now I am back on one crutch pain has increased since I stopped anti-imflammatories as expected , so icing and elevating lots.

@beachy you are so funny I appreciate the sentiment behind the super woman comment but there ain't going to be a costume this time round:rotfl:
The sleep fairy eluded me last night , finally got of to sleep about 3am annd was woken by a 5.4 (only a little one) earthquake at 5am, and a few after shocks since, funny thing is I just lay there and thought how the ....... am I going to get out of here and poof it was over

@Gingercat thankyou so much for your big Texas hug it is really appreciated as is all of the support we all get here on bonesmart:thankyou:

@gecko yes the sleep fairy has not visited me since the TKR. It's terrible but hopefully it is temporary. I get little cat naps . Normally when I take my tramadol it makes me sleepy. But my sleep hours are messed up. The first week I was so weepy as I realized how much I would have to be dependent on my husband. It's hard, but I am getting better. I am starting to like being waited on hand and foot. Lol:heehee:

Yea this time the sleep fairy has not been my friend. Wasn't too bad with the tkr in May. I honestly slept better the 4 days I was in the hospital than I am right now. Go figure:shrug:

Oh earthquakes I dont miss those!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom