Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Revision THR gavinmac’s long and winding road

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Hello and a Happy Easter!
Thankfully surgery is now behind you. Good to hear your pain is less than it was back in November. I hope the next 6 weeks flies for you.
Be safe, stay well and have a good week!
@gavinmac

OP
OP
G

gavinmac

I am now 3 weeks and 2 days post op. (And 17weeks post op). So what is the significance of today you may ask? My staples came out!! So happy about that. The first surgery the wound bled and bled, this one is healing very nicely. November’s surgery I had 61 staples March’s surgery had 66! I thought the incision was longer. My two post op visits so far have been tele-health. My next one in 2 weeks we will take the road trip to actually see the OS and get X-rays. Only 5 more weeks of non weight bearing! Stay home, stay strong! :)

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Awesome news! It always feels so much better when the staples are gone. You're coming along nicely. :happydance:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Yay! Glad you got those scary staples out. I didn‘t have them and was soooo happy!
They freak me out for some reason. Kind of Frankenstein-ish :yikes:
I’m sure it feels much better without them. You’ll have to update after your visit with the surgeon in two weeks. I hope the next five weeks of non weight bearing fly by for you.
Things are looking up, may it long continue! :)
@gavinmac

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Saturday and a Happy One Month Anniversary!
A flower for you on this special day. :flwrysmile:
Have a great weekend and please update after your upcoming appointment. We’d love to hear how you handle the drive and all the good stuff you hear at you appt! :)
@gavinmac

OP
OP
G

gavinmac

I saw the doctor Wednesday. He was pleased so far. He states we won’t Know for sure how it’s healing for a couple months but so far so good. I am now allowed to increase the 8 pounds of weight bearing to 50. That is so great because I’ve probably been doing closer to 25 than 8 pounds. So basically I’m going to just keep it how I have been until I see him the end of May. I am having some groin pain that seemed a little concerning to him. Hope it’s nothing. Still not supposed to lift to the side at all. But that’s ok, I have a leg lifter. :)

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi...Happy Thursday!
Great news your surgeon is pleased with your progress so far. You’re inching your way to full weight bearing, woohoo! Consider icing in an effort to reduce the groin pain. It may help.

Thanks for updating. Stay in touch and enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@gavinmac

OP
OP
G

gavinmac

I saw my OS on Tuesday. The 2nd surgery was 9 weeks ago, the first 26 weeks ago.(Really [HASH=346]#3&4[/HASH]) He seemed fairly pleased with my progress. On X-ray he could see that the bone still hasn’t healed. It is in the right place at least and the plate, wires and hip joint are in the right place So the good news is the pain I’m having is still healing pain and should improve as the bone heals I go back in 6 weeks. He thinks in 6-8 weeks I should be doing better and in 5-6 months I should be pretty happy with where I am. He did reiterate that I most likely will need the plate removed in a year. So I’m not done but I’m getting there. I am allowed to walk with the walker, instead if being minimal weight bearing, and may start some light strengthening exercises at home. All in all I think good news.

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@gavinmac nice update, sounds like you're getting there. Awesome news about being able to use the walker and weight bear now! Keep us posted!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hey, Hey Liz :wave:
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well and the pain has eased. Looks like you have an appointment coming up. Please leave us an update as time allows. We’d love to hear how you’re doing.
Until then...all the best to you! :)
@gavinmac

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
wworker
Recent bookmarks