Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision THR gavinmac’s long and winding road

OP
OP
G

gavinmac

I have really appreciated everyone’s notes and thoughts. This group really does help. I guess the surgeon thought about it after I left his office Saturday because they called this morning and reclassified me as urgent. My surgery is Wednesday. A whole new panic started as I realized I have very little time to prepare. We have to leave tomorrow since he is so far away. So had to get my H&P today (shout out to my PCP for doing a same day video appointment), had to find a hotel for us to stay in, had to find a pet sitter, call the kids, (no I don’t want you to come home) and do laundry etc. Done, done, and done. The hubby and I are as ready as we can be with little notice. I have taken aspirin so I hope that is not a problem. But as stressed as I am today, I am so thankful it’s being done now and I don’t have to wait 2+ months. I’ll update after surgery.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Simply the best.news.ever!
Can’t even express how happy this news makes me.

wishing the very best for you..:prayer:

FCBayern

senior
Country
Good news @gavinmac even though it's a little rushed at least you don't have to wait any longer. Under the current circumstances if you had to wait there's no idea of how long you would have to wait.

Hip4life

Country
Just now catching up. I’m pleased your OS saw it my way (LOL) and you were able to get that surgery done. Hope all is well. I will look for you on the recovery side. :flwrysmile:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi:Happy Thursday...I hope you’re resting comfortably and wish you safe travels home.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Healing hugs coming your way. :friends:
@gavinmac

OP
OP
G

gavinmac

I had my surgery ORIF and plate with cables to the greater trochanter yesterday. It broke during my 2nd total hip replacement (Revision), it was lined up to heal but moved. The plan was to discharge me today just to get me out of the hospital due to COVID-19. Unfortunately, I am not able walk enough to be safe to leave. So I worked with PT and OT twice today. The OS came in this morning and said he was very glad the hospital approved the surgery because there was a lot of scaring inside from bone movement that would have been much worse in 2 months. So I’m lucky in that regard. I was having a ton of pain last night and this morning. It’s better controlled now. I haven't seen the incision but it feels like it is the full incision from November. That was 61 staples. Agh! The OS says this recovery will be harder than the hip in November, 8 weeks of no weight bearing, then 8 Weeks of partial weight bearing, then gradual move to a cane. Any way just wanted to update you all. I have appreciated all the kind thoughts and prayers. They really help!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
So glad you are all through...with the fixing part...and hope you will be going home soon.
I'm sorry it took some tweeking to get your pain managed, but I'm sending healing mojo your way...:loveshwr::loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Harryrightknee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom