Game Ready

AmeliaP

Country
United States United States
Back for more advice. I can’t seem to find much info in my area about renting a Game Ready—rental costs, sources, possible insurance coverage, etc. Can anyone give me rough ideas about typical rental costs? I’m also considering purchasing a used Game Ready (I’ll likely need a second TKR in a few years as will a relative so the investment might be worth it) but I’m trying to compare the costs for renting vs. purchasing. I have a Breg Polar cube. I’m concerned that the coverage area is too small. Is the Game Ready that much better to warrant the cost? All opinions and assistance are welcome!

@AmeliaP ,
I'm working through the process with Game Ready right now for my RTKR on June 12th. Here's a link to their website. https://gameready.com/
If you click on the "Get Game Ready" tab you will find various options for rental and purchase. If you give them your email they will send you info on the process and prices.
Good luck!
~Cynthia

Hi I hired GR for 2 weeks then used my own Aircast (not a breg). There was a clear difference. GR was much better. But (theres always a but), I didnt really need much more cryotherapy. By the end of the 2 nd week rental period I was using GR only really once a day. Thats why I didnt extend the rental period (cost $200 per week, Im in New Zealand). Even so. I noticed the big difference.
If I had owned one I would have used it sporadically from week 3. I returned to work and also fly as part of my job and that caused some swelling. The aircast managed it but not nearly as effectively as GR.
I understand GR has a filter you need to clean and the rental company also tested compression between rentals (but dont know anything more about maintenace or repair).

I looked into it last week, as my TKR is May 21. The email they sent me quoted $60 a day. I also had already purchased the Breg Polar Cube but was wondering if the Game Ready was a better option. Unfortunately, I can't stomach $420 a WEEK for Game Ready. :sad: I know I'd likely need/want it for 3 wks, and the cost is just astronomical, in my opinion.

Its such a big outlay. At least you have something and it has good reviews so dont worry. Ice and compression was the answer for me (and elevation, but not quite so impt for me as long as my leg was not in a sitting position).

@Rockgirl4

Wow, that's expensive. I am in the process here in Australia and is costing $770 for 2 wraps and machine for 1 month. So that is like $US 500 ! Our dollar sucks ! :loll:

Update on Game Ready: I finally heard back from the company and was quoted a price of $60 a day, which seemed astronomical to me. After I passed on it, explaining the price was too high, I received another email offering me an “introductory special”. I pay for 5 days and they pay for 9. So, for a two week rental, it would be $300. I wish they had told me that initially. Between their first email and their second, I sought out other options and bought a used one online. I hope it works...

@AmeliaP,
I bought a used one online through Facebook Market Place. I picked it up yesterday. It works like a champ! I hope you have good luck with yours.

@Rockgirl4 I don’t mind telling you what I paid but please keep in mind that I think I may have really scored here so you might not want to compare to what I paid. I had seen them on eBay for $1399 and up (way up). A local guy listed one on Facebook Marketplace for $1000 but he never responded to my messages. Given the rental prices and what they cost new, both options seemed reasonable. Still expensive, mind you, but not horrible. I finally just started scrolling through OfferUp and found one someone had listed for $440 more than 9 months ago. Later it was reduced to $400. I texted him just in case it was still available. He responded! He would take $350. Yay! But he was in another state, would have to mail it, etc. Oh no! So...I took a huge risk, sent the money, and hoped for the best. Sometimes you just have to trust. It just arrived a bit ago. Looks great. I still need to try it. Either I got the deal of the century or an expensive life lesson. I’ll keep you posted.

If you rent one, make sure you find out about their “introductory special” (see previous posts). Huge difference in price! If mine doesn’t work, I may be calling back about that intro price.

Thanks, @Cynof4. Glad you found one on Marketplace. Keeping my fingers crossed that mine works!

@AmeliaP Wow--that is an awesome deal. I really hope it works for you. :yay: I think I'm comfortable with my Breg Polar Cube. I figure loads of people did just fine, so I'm going to take that leap of faith thing you mentioned and just trust in it. :prayer: If things go south, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm doing my best to be positive and not borrow trouble.

It works! I haven’t gone through all of the programs yet but it appears to be working. I feel like I won the lottery!

BTW, I bought a Polar cube on line before I found this one. I thought it was a great upgrade from the countless ice packs we used for my Arthroscopic surgeries. We went through them faster than my freezer could freeze them. As my sister says “it ran me ragged!”. Why no one mentioned ice machines to me then is a mystery to me. I suspect any of them are great and better than a bag of frozen peas! I plan to keep the other one at work. Just a hint, a few frozen water bottles seemed to work well in the polar cube. I used 3 16 oz ones but the guy I got it from suggested four little ones. Get a bunch and throw in your freezer. Just swap them out after a few hours. Sooooo much easier! Good luck!

@AmeliaP Yep-- I have 12 of the little ones ready to go. I put them in 3 days ago because I was bored. It was a 12 pack, so I just froze them all. :cheers:

We have an iceman, pretty much the same thing. Ours fits 4 16 oz bottles we freeze everyday, it is a God send. The hospital gave it to me when I had rotator cuff surgery

If anyone is still looking for a used Game Ready, there is one that is listed on the Greensboro, NC Fb Marketplace and I think on Craig’s List or Let Go for $1000. The owner says it’s a 2018 model. His name is Chase so you can find it if you are looking. I have no knowledge of the owner or machine—it’s just one I was considering but the owner took too long to reply.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back