Full Frontals. (View with caution!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nursepair

supremo
Do any of you have swollen knees like this? I think it looked less swollen on the second day. What do you think JO?
ai25.tinypic.com_10f2xrk.jpg

2nd Day
ai27.tinypic.com_2lj4xgz.jpg

Two and a half weeks
ai29.tinypic.com_qspaw2.jpg

13 weeks

Gorgeous healing incisions! Yes, I thought this was me for a while. I'm at 16, almost 17 weeks and the swelling is starting to go down a bit. At times my new knee looks almost like the old one. It looks totally familiar and normal to me, in fact, it looks better than normal - looks really good. Just keep icing (I didn't do that enough) and elevating. God bless you - Skeet

That's good to know Skeet,that someone else still has swelling like that. I am rather paranoid I guess, but I am much more positive now.

I just lowered my saddle too after doing 10 mins at the higher level, I did another 5 mins at the lower level, woooohoooo!!!

Perhaps we could all add our knee piccys for Patti to put in our new album she is doing?

Great idea!! I'll have to take some and get them posted.

Sue, at 6 weeks, I'm looking just like you! Our knees could be twins!! I try to fool myself into thinking the new knee isn't swollen and looks like the other one, but even the doctor today said it was, so I guess I need to accept the fact. He said the only thing to do is elevate in the afternoons and ice. I'm going to do that more now. That said....today when I did that it still hurt all evening long! Sigh......I just need to be more patient, but that's not something I'm very good at. I'm amazed at the disappearing act your scar is doing. I would be interested in seeing everyone's knee at whatever stage they are in recovery! Another scrapbook page, not doubt!!

Yeah, Yeah, I think all of you ladies need to post leg pictures........Purely for scientific purposes of course.

It's the physio, Sue, and entirely to be expected. Don't worry about it.

It's coming along. Come on Patti and Skeet. Show me what you've got!!

ai26.tinypic.com_10fs7io.jpg

Doug....I think your leg is bootiful. Boy your hair grows back fast, though! Patti and I just shaved you a day or so ago while you were on a Tic Tac nap!!! Must be a hormone imbalance.

dw,
I knew from the first day I looked at the incision and staples that spot was going to stand out. I think I had 33 staples. The Dr. must have hiccuped at that one spot. One side of the skin was higher than the other. After the staples were removed that spot was the last place to loose the little scab.(didn't help that I kept picking at it).
I keep rubbing that Aquaphor cream on the length of the scar to keep it loose. Like I said before, I don't care how it looks, it is a badge of honor that I'm walking without limping

Patti and Jami,
When I looked at the picture and looked at the leg, I couldn't and still can't figure out if it was lighting, flash or shadows because my hair isn't that dark. I just might delete the thing and take the picture outside. I about fell over trying to balance, focus, and hold my leg still for that stupid picture.

I have a "flourish" at the lower end of my scar. Sort of a "comma" between the last two staple marks. I just kinda consider it my left-handed surgeon's little signature move.

Doug....Doug.....we're just messin' with you, you know!!! We love you!

I have two of those funny bumpies like yours, Doug. It was the same deal...the skin on one side was higher than the other. I think mine was caused by some drainage at those points. I've had scabs on those spots all of the six weeks and they are just now disappearing. My bumps have kind of filled in, though, so I think they will not be noticeable once the scar completely heals. But I'm like you guys....who cares??? I don't limp!!!

when you look through our TKR Gang photos, you'll notice my scar looks like my surgeon got tickled - it's scalloped....

O I know that but it is weird how the picture makes the hair darker. Then again, I am trying to learn this computer adjusting of pictures and I more than likely did something.(Shut up Patti).

dw,
I knew from the first day I looked at the incision and staples that spot was going to stand out. I think I had 33 staples. The Dr. must have hiccuped at that one spot. One side of the skin was higher than the other. After the staples were removed that spot was the last place to loose the little scab.(didn't help that I kept picking at it).
I keep rubbing that Aquaphor cream on the length of the scar to keep it loose. Like I said before, I don't care how it looks, it is a badge of honor that I'm walking without limping

I, too , have been using Aquaphor instead of Vitamin E and it seems to work better. I had a similar "bump" and it is from an internal stitch that has come loose. Means absolutely nothing...just thought you might want to make your OS aware but you seem several steps ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks