Friday the 13th

gerilari

Country
United States United States
I've had my right hip replace and both knees. I'm getting my left hip done this Friday and will be so happy to have it over with. Harder this time I think because I'm tired from all the surgeries the last few years and I know it will be a slow and long process to get back to where I have finally got to. It's been so much work, but worth it! I even was able to take a trip to England and Wales and walk all over! I just need to get my head back in the game I guess. One more time...…

@gerilari Welcome back to the hip side of BoneSmart! I can well understand why you are tired of surgery. Here's hoping this recovery goes well. We will be with you all the way!

@gerilari
I had my first hip replacement on Friday 13th July last year. It went very well. Since then I have had the other one done and a TKR too.
It does seem that the more you have done the longer it takes to recover but just be patient. You know what its all about and will eventually come out of this smiling.
Glad to see that you came to visit Wales. Its where I live. Its beautiful but often wet. I hope the weather was kind to you.
Best wishes for your op

:wave: Last hip and quadruple bionic.:wowspring:
I'm sure you are weary of the recoveries, but I hope this last hip benefits from having a good hip and knees to "lean" on...and all will be well quickly so 2020 can be your year!:tada:

I can totally relate as I had my knees done in 2013, left hip in 2017 and now the right hip will be done in Nov.2019. At times I feel since I had 3 good surgeries maybe I am running out of luck and like you really tired of having to go through recovery again. I have had some fun in between the surgeries and trips but really like you just want a longer time period without pain, surgery planning and recovering. The one thing I keep holding unto is that the pain will be gone and I can really get back to enjoying life again and I am still young enough to do a lot of enjoying.

We can do this - after all we have done this before and we know it ends and we get over it and all things will be well. This too will pass and then back to normality. Best wishes for your surgery which is just around the corner and a smooth recovery to a life full of possibilities.

Thank you everyone for the support. Bone smart has always been great because you all know what I'm thinking and feeling. It's hard to stay optimistic when the people around you really have no idea about what you're feeling and thinking. I'm so happy to have you all. :hi:

Wishing you all the best on Friday! It will be good to get this over and done with so you can move on with your life. You can do it!!!

:hi: @gerilari
Wishing you all the best and comfort as you wait.
Will look forward to following your recovery.
Have a great Wednesday!

Thank you everyone for the support. Bone smart has always been great because you all know what I'm thinking and feeling. It's hard to stay optimistic when the people around you really have no idea about what you're feeling and thinking. I'm so happy to have you all. :hi:

We've all been there, and you are right. Even this far in my recovery I get so many well meaning bits of advice that are so off base from joint replacement reality.
Good luck on the 13th! Bonesmart will be here cheering you on!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back