Ankle Freedom Leg device

Anklady

Country
United States United States
Has anyone heard of or used this device?
1698703622753.png
Freedom Leg Device. I would include the link but I don't have 5 posts yet:)

Sorry that I've never heard of it, @Anklady. Perhaps another member can share personal experience; in the meantime, I did some internet research and see that the reviews on Amazon are pretty terrible.

Either way, this is something you should discuss with your doctor before purchasing.

I tried a device called "i-walk" took a while to get used to using it. It put a lot of stress on other body parts. I stopped using it when I had my TAR. Too risky to fall. plus I had to recover from the surgery. It would have caused too much swelling. Jery

This looks downright dangerous to me. Expensive as well. If you want to use this I would strongly recommend you discuss this with your surgeon first.

I'm on day 2 from fusion and getting to grips with the I walk free 3, I had one of the original models 13 years ago when I last faced 12 weeks in plaster. I got very good at it and used it a lot for work, but it does taken practice & it's important to follow the you tube video instructions carefully. Now I'm older I will possibly have one crutch for balance in the opposite hand. Much easier than crutches for most but not all. 2nd hand ones available on eBay.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Eehamm