TKR Four days post op

That's a great report!
I was 115 and 4 about 3 weeks ago. I'm 7 weeks post op now, about a week behind you. I'm doing PT the same way you are.
Sorry to hear about the bursa inflammation. At what point can you get a cortisone shot?
I'm not sure, the surgeon's assistant gave me an appointment in April so I think I can get it then. I'm using the walker at home and work even though technically, I don't need it. It is to keep my weight off the bursa and I am taking Aleve for inflammation. I am also making an effort to keep my foot straight and while it is still puffy, and painful, it is not the severe knife stabbing so it must be getting better. Congrats on your great progress!

I had the same thing that popped up about 2 years after my TKR. My OS sent me to PT for ultrasound treatments and NO exercises. The US helped tremendously. You can ask your OS about this.
pes-anserine-and-mpfl-pain
That's a great idea. I have a small ultrasound wand around the house. I can ask PT or the PA how to best use it

It's best to ask your PA how to use it unless she adds it to the prescription. When I first went to PT for my treatment, during the first visit she said that we had to work on my scar tissue. I flatly told her that I had no adhesions and that my doctor said US treatments only! After I found out how well the ultrasound worked for me, I bought one from Amazon that I use occasionally on different areas that pop up. It's an easy helpmate! On my pes-anserine area, I just did circles up and down the tender area for about 10 minutes. I do the same for my other ouches. I hope you find that it helps you, too.

@sistersinhim , I’m curious about the ultrasound. Does it give you much relief and how long does the relief last? Do you think it treats just the symptoms or does it help the problem area heal?

Anyone else with ultrasound experience, please feel free to comment too. Thanks.

@WFD it completely healed my pes-anserine. Not so much my IT band pain. It helps that for a short while, but maybe I'm not doing it enough days to completely heal the inflammation. I think I'll start that back up and be more consistent about it.

Happy Three Month Anniversary, Softsong! Best Wishes for your appointment this month.
I hope you have a lovely Spring. :)
@Softsong

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie