For those of you who knew Poppet : (

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Poppet. She joined BoneSmart on September 5, 2011 when she had a hip replacement and joined staff as a Nutritional Advisor a couple of years later. Her special expertise was in nutrition and before long, she had created the excellent Nutrition for pre and post surgery in the Library which has been such a mine of information for members since.

It was with great anticipation that we looked forward to her retirement as she and her husband John had so many plans to improve and expand the forum. However, it was not to be as about a year ago, she was diagnosed with bowel cancer which turned out to be quite aggressive and resulted in her absence from the forum since July last year. Her husband just informed us that she had died yesterday, the 22nd February.

She will be greatly missed by all who knew her here, by her colleagues on staff and especially by those with whom she had an especially close relationship. For my part, I'm only sad I never got to meet her and John in real life.

Sleep sweetly in God's presence, dear Poppet. We all love you and miss you already.
You will live on in your Nutritional Library here forever.

sandy 3 cut.jpg

@Josephine, I read your article and heard how you miss your friend, Poppet, She was a very special person with so much life. I too will miss her greatly. God Bless, Poppet and God Bless all the people that knew her. Tashia

RIP poppet..... god Bless you. Thank-you for all the wonderful advice and friendship you provided over the years. You will be missed.

I am really sorry about Poppet. She was enormously reassuring following my THR, and I continued to imagine her happily retired and pursuing her nutrition research.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart mobile app

I am very sorry to hear the sad news about Poppet.I really appreciated the wonderful support and advice she gave us in 2013 the year I had my first hip replacement.I agree with Lenora that she was so very reassuring as well as being really kind.I wish I could have met her to say thank you.RIP Poppet

I am saddened to hear of this news. Poppet, rest in peace. :prayer:

Poppet and I were the two members of staff from "downunder," she from Australia and me from New Zealand.
We used to joke a little bit about it. She called me "little Kiwi" and I called her "my little Aussie friend."

I shall miss her kindness and helpfulness.

Rest peacefully now, Poppet, free from pain.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I noticed her absence and missed her presence on Bone Smart. I enjoyed and often referred to her nutrition articles in the library and appreciated her warm and encouraging posts from when I first joined BS last year. Rest in peace Dear Lady, and warm wishes to her husband, family and friends.

Oh, no ... not Poppet ... this is terrible news. What a lovely person and always always a reassuring and helpful and kind presence on BoneSmart. I hope she knew how much she meant to us and what a difference her comments made.
Her husband and family will be in our hearts during this difficult time.

I only learned the news through a post from Tashia. I was thinking the same as Peaches: Oh no - not Poppet. I did read her information on nutrition in 2014/2015 which I found extremely useful while I was preparing/having my surgery, but I also enjoyed her humorous and cheerful posts on her own thread such as "Poppet survived a major fall". These also helped me. I'll miss her.

Just got back to bonesmart after an absence. I am soooo sorry to hear about Poppet. I kept in touch with her for a long time then fell off :( I talked with her on the phone about all her and Johns plans for retirement and all the work they were doing on their retirement home. Gosh, I just can't believe it! I am stunned! I'm sorry for the loss to you Josephine and for the entire forum. She certainly touched many many lives. In getting ready for my next surgery, I just recently pulled out some nutritional information from her. Her legacy will live on.
Cathy

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom