Flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBeck

I am in my 14th week since total new replacement. I have gone through 8 weeks of PT, but am at about 90% comfortably. I can strech to about 95%, but the knee pops back like a rubber band. Still doing my PT at home that they outlined for me. Any suggestions for futher improvement?

JBeck

I'm at 8 weeks and have messed around an irritated something in my knee.
I was last measured at about 130 when it is warmed up.
I would have to ask what your Dr. thinks of the stretch you have.
My favorite is getting in a steaming hot tub, soaking the knee, place your foot at the end and slowly slide down. Hold it for a count of 20, and relax. Repeat it and keep trying to bend it more. Immediately ice it. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Hey, JBeck - welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your difficulty but I can't top Doug's advice.

Welcome JBeck, a friend of me said with her first knee replacement she only had 90 ROM at 9 months, now some years later, she has 130 and is walking great. We all seem to recover differently, I am almost 10 weeks and at 90 with the PT's help, I still have a lot of sweeling. Keep up the exercise, ice and elevation. Good luck, Sue

Welcome JBeck,
I am 10 weeks tkr and I am at 88 degrees flex and 0 degrees straight. I had to have a manipulation to get to the 88 degrees because I formed scar tissue and adhesions early on in my recovery. Just hang in there it will get there and I find my recumbant bike at home to be a help, I can't make it go full around but rock it back and forth.
Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks