• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBeck

I am in my 14th week since total new replacement. I have gone through 8 weeks of PT, but am at about 90% comfortably. I can strech to about 95%, but the knee pops back like a rubber band. Still doing my PT at home that they outlined for me. Any suggestions for futher improvement?

JBeck

Doug

alpha
Country
United States United States
I'm at 8 weeks and have messed around an irritated something in my knee.
I was last measured at about 130 when it is warmed up.
I would have to ask what your Dr. thinks of the stretch you have.
My favorite is getting in a steaming hot tub, soaking the knee, place your foot at the end and slowly slide down. Hold it for a count of 20, and relax. Repeat it and keep trying to bend it more. Immediately ice it. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Josephine

FORUM ADMIN, NURSE DIRECTOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey, JBeck - welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your difficulty but I can't top Doug's advice.

Nursepair

supremo
Welcome JBeck, a friend of me said with her first knee replacement she only had 90 ROM at 9 months, now some years later, she has 130 and is walking great. We all seem to recover differently, I am almost 10 weeks and at 90 with the PT's help, I still have a lot of sweeling. Keep up the exercise, ice and elevation. Good luck, Sue

Newwoman

senior
Welcome JBeck,
I am 10 weeks tkr and I am at 88 degrees flex and 0 degrees straight. I had to have a manipulation to get to the 88 degrees because I formed scar tissue and adhesions early on in my recovery. Just hang in there it will get there and I find my recumbant bike at home to be a help, I can't make it go full around but rock it back and forth.
Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dhall
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags