Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hello @Layla

Thank you! I will try that icing more consistently. I do find keeping moving is better than sitting. I have to spend desk time for work and that is when the pain increases. Hope you are enjoying some good weather near you and have a great weekend. Take care!

Hello @CricketHip

It is a new twist. PT tried doing release and firm massage. Definitely made it worse so I’m just trying to listen to my body and move then rest as you have found too. Desk time is my worst. Haven’t had much time for forum. Hope you are well and not suffering too much from work obligations. Hope you have a fun weekend. :cheers:

Good point @bickypeg I have tried taking more. I get stomach issues. Icing seems to accomplish same thing so I try to ice when I’m working. I had groin pain when pinning failed. This is different, feels like pulled muscle. Getting some relief from tennis ball on backside. Hurts too much on front.

Hello @Izabel

Christmas is my goal on the horizon too. I still am moving along with cane so gardening is slow and not any lifting. Clippers and my grabbed for limbs. Works surprisingly well. Lol

I loved reading all your news from physio. Hope the exercises are helpful. Hope you can continue to improve your balance and gain strength each day. I too have a long way to go, but I do see slight progress. Trying to think of other things mostly.

Glad you are enjoying your view of your garden. It is stunning. I take great pleasure from all the seasons. It’s fun to watch favorites come in to bloom. Sending love. ❤️

My typos are worse on this format even though I can see better. Lol.

Yes, the grabber is amazingly handy. Also works overhead to grab limbs that didn’t fall down. I do think my balance is improving. Mind on other things so I move more on my own.

On no Sarah ... there was me hoping that your pain would be diminished ... so sorry... do hoping the suggestion of icing helps you..
hoping your weekend sees some relief for you darling..

Thinking of you ... Chrissie :friends:

I hope you can focus on the small improvements,@Fit4Family, and realize that although recovery still seems slow and tedious you are doing better! Balance is critical for all of us so anything you can do to improve that will, I suspect, also help build strength in those leg/thigh muscles. Glad you are able to do some gardening, as it's clear you love it so much, but being careful and trying not to overdo it. Nice weather still, or has fall brought very cool temperatures? We had a lovely weekend away in eastern Washington this past weekend, but brilliant blue skies and temperatures in the mid 50's, so cool but bracing. Hope you have a lovely week.

Thank you for stopping by @Barbaraj You are so encouraging. ❤️

I hope you are progressing as well. I’m approaching 7 months since my second surgery. Focusing on not going backwards at this point. Thankfully my balance is truly improving, so I hope my cane dependence disappears some day. I just need it for balance so any improvement there seems promising. Sleep is still rough. Ordered a different magnesium to try. Hoping it’s the ticket to some zzzzz’s.

Enjoying a nice long weekend with our daughter home for Fall Break. Hope all is well!

Improved balance sounds like a big leap in the right direction, @Fit4Family.
Isn't it great to have a college aged child back home for a short break? I loved when they came home, even though they were toting a huge laundry bag, full of dirty clothes.
Hey, maybe she can bring you ice packs? :yes:
I walked outside to our garden and found a ton of tomatoes! Green bell peppers, too. I don't think I remember having so many this late in the season. Just spending a few minutes in the garden really lifted my spirits and I bet you feel that way too.

I apologize in advance if you've discussed this before, but have you attempted to use the walking sticks? I really enjoy them, I think I will continue them indefinitely. I feel so fit and cool using them.. :walking: This is a big deal since lately I haven't been either fit or cool!!

That’s sound like perfect weather in Washington... so glad you were able to get away ....
That balance will come along one day & it will be a distant memory @Fit4Family ...
Enjoy the break with your lovely daughter...

My daughter (who lives a 2 hour journey away) is coming for the weekend & My beautiful GrandDaughter is coming the week after...
My other Gorgeous Grandkids popped in last night! I’m a lucky Mum!!

Keep up with that improving those tired muscles darling.

Much love
Chrissie xx❤️❤️

Good Morning Friend.jpeg sweet Sarah

I passed my 7 month op mark on Saturday ... my, doesn't time pass quickly when you are having fun. :whistle:

I have been doing the gentle new exercises and at least I don't have any grief following. But, like you, I will be pleased to be shot of assistive appliances. However, I truly think I will always need/carry one of my pretty canes with me when i go out and about. But in the meantime I persevere.

Keep positive and enjoy your time with your family.

Sending hugs and love. xx

Good Day.jpeg Izzy xx

Hello @CricketHip

It is positively wonderful to have our daughter home from college. She heads back this morning with full bags of CLEAN laundry! We had a lot of fun. Ice packs after she leaves as I walked a ton.

What a great surprise to have veggies to harvest so late in the year! We don’t have a vegetable garden, lots of flowers, shrubs, hostas and trees. Everything looks much better. This week I am starting fertilizer. Not nearly as enjoyable! Bulbs will have to wait for next year. Glad your garden gave your spirits a lift!

I do have Nordic Trekking polls. I was using them regularly before tendonitis. Will have to wait a bit longer for the hills around me. Cool and sporty? What’s that? Yeah, I have not felt either in a long while. We will get there!!

Chrissie!! ❤️❤️ What are you doing posting about me on your surgery day? I refreshed all day yesterday. :sos: Was so thrilled to see you emerge in one piece with sense of humor in tack. I’m so glad you have lots of family to come visit you. Hoping the pain is well controlled. The hospital ice is the best! Hope it’s helping you control swelling.

Our daughter was fun to have home. You take care of yourself. We are all going to be dancing by Christmas. Izzy you too!

Hello Sweet friend @Izabel ❤️❤️❤️

Congratulations on the 7 month milestone! I know we have a bit to go, but one way to look at it, is it’s been 7 months so we are more than half way healed. One year is what I keep reading. I am happy your exercises are helping and not leaving you sore. Onward friend!

Progress has been quite slow this month for me. I’m going to push for answers at PT this week. Leg is still very stiff and feels very wonky most of the time. Stretching is only thing that brings relief. I am starting to think sleeping in one position is part of problem. Do you still sleep on your back?

We are going to ditch our canes friend and dance in the New Year! I focus on that hope daily. xxxxx Sarah

Hope your PT has some helpful thoughts.
Have a good week @Fit4Family

:wave: there ...

I have been sleeping on my left side for a month or more now. It is not 100% comfortable but I can fall asleep. I use my small beanbag tubular pillow between my knees as I do lying on my right side. I turn very cautiously using my right foot to assist each way, if that makes sense?

I stretch a lot, especially when in bed, cat stretches I call them, arms up, legs down. I take a 1000mg effervescent Paracetamol every morning when I wake up to ease me into the day. Some days I just feel dysfunctional.

I agree, we will dance into the New Year ... bring it on!

animated-cat-image-0215.gif Izzy xx

I am starting to think sleeping in one position is part of problem. Do you still sleep on your back?
I’ve found that I feel better and overall sleep better now that I change positions when sleeping. I go from back to one side to the other side to stomach, etc. I may wake up very very slightly when turning over but that’s getting less so. Even with the slight awareness that I’m shifting positions I get very good sleep. I also stopped using the pillow between my legs. I never used it before this surgery and not having it now seems so more normal. I still wake up stiff and need to walk to shake it out. But it eases quickly.

My right leg is still a work in progress...I have to keep reminding myself that it hasn’t even been 3 weeks since I’ve started to use it after the non weight bearing time out. The side of my knee and all the way up to the incision is pretty sore. Some of it comes and goes, as expected I guess.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back