THR First THR start 20 June 2022

SAPPER-RET

Country
United States United States
I came across this forum on the internet, I have started reading a lot of the information and it has already help me with my anxieties.

Welcome to BoneSmart! We’re thankful you joined us and happy to have you here.
Please tell us, do you have a second surgery scheduled? If so, when?
How did your first recovery go?
@SAPPER-RET

Also, If you’ll share which hip was replaced we’ll create a signature for you. If you are scheduled for another surgery, we’ll move your thread to the Hip Pre-Op forum where you’ll receive more feedback. Please let us know.

Yes my surgery is schedule for 20 June at Lake Regional Orthopedics in Camden MO. I will be having my Left Hip repaired. Trying to wrap head around all the information to make some decision on my recovery process. This my first time ever having surgery.

Hello @SAPPER-RET
Please notice that we have moved your thread to the pre-op side of the forum since your surgery is not until June 20th. Feel free to ask questions here and we’ll do our best to help and advise.

My THR was my first surgery also. I understand it does feel overwhelming and can be anxiety producing. Stick with us for support and encouragement, I believe it may help as you await your surgery date. Best Wishes for your comfort.

HIP PRE-OP
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

@SAPPER-RET

I‘ve moved your post above out of the Monthly team thread as we reserve that thread for surgery date information, and so members can see who else has surgery the same month. We prefer all other comments and discussion to take place in a pre op or recovery thread, such as this one. Enjoy interacting with others who are on the same journey, here in this thread. :flwrysmile:

Thank you, like I said previously this will be new for me, but I have read thru a lot of the personal forums and WOW this is what I need to gain a better understanding of my surgery. Like a lot of the people who post here they were not sure of what to expect right after you get your new hip, the unknown so to speak, that is really what cause most people the anxiety and depression, they just don't know what to expect! I am one week out, and I am still trying my best not to get pre surgery blues. I know many people who have had this procedure and they were all up and walking without pain and assistants within 3 to 4 weeks, I just need to get the surgery and start my transition to recovery and walking without this dang cane and pain, right now I am stuck in the old Heinz Ketchup commercial>anticipation! More to follow.

Hi @SAPPER-RET
A week from tomorrow and you’ll be on your way to healing and happy!
You will make progress over the first month, but complete recovery takes months, but all the while you’ll be feeling stronger and steadier on your feet. You’re going to love the results this surgery brings. Check out some of the threads on the recovery side if you haven’t already. I hope you have a good week!

I remember doing the very same thing.. was feeling so worried and blue about the surgery and stumbled upon this forum. It was a life changer for me and I hope it will be for you, too.

Do you have your recovery items ready? They do help with making the recovery a bit easier.

So happy you found BoneSmart and will be interested in reading about your recovery.

@SAPPER-RET

:welome: to the forum and glad you don't have much longer to wait.
It certainly is helpful to get some insight about recovery expectations from those who know....
Tone up your patience muscle...it is definitely the one that can be the most difficult to control.
I am still so grateful for my new lease on life with good hips!

Yes I have borrow all my recovery items now, walker, shower chair, toilet raise seat, hip ice packs, and I have raised my recliner two inches so I can get in and out. Just got the call today 0600 in processing for surgery, 0800 time for surgery. I am so nervous about how I will feel when I wake up. Thank you for being supported. I will update soon.

They will work to manage your pain.... I felt mostly better right after surgery than 4-5 days later.
It is very doable and worth the surgical discomfort....
Breathe and know this is your path back to pain-free and healthy!
Healing mojo in advance!

Much of how you feel when you wake up will depend on your type of anesthesia. I had a spinal with sedation. It was my first spinal and all went well with no side effects. My legs were still numb when I woke up which I appreciated because for the first time I had no hip pain in about two years. Even when the feeling returned, there was incisional pain but the terrible bone on bone pain was gone! I've recently had surgery using general anesthesia. That was a good experience as well. I woke up quiet!y without any nausea or issues.

The people who will be taking care of you are professionals and they do this everyday. You just let them know what you're feeling and what you need. They will do their best to make you comfortable and feel safe. Blessings for a smooth surgery and a good, pain controlled recovery. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Well on my way to the hotel and must report to the hospital tomorrow at 0600 for check in. I was told by surgeon to possible stay for a day and be release on Tuesday. I have read thru mostly all of everyone else forum (LOL) and now fill somewhat confidential. Still very nervous! I am having the posterior procedure and was already told by the doctor about some restrictions, no crossing of the legs and do not bend past 90 degrees and all everything else shall be fine. Well see ya on the other side!

Best Wishes for tomorrow! We will be watching for your first post on the healing side once you’re back home resting comfortably and feeling up to it.
Hope to see you soon! :wave:
@SAPPER-RET

Healing Mojo coming your way in advance @SAPPER-RET :) :-) (:
Bye bye hip pain!:tada:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties