THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

@Fiona444 Glad to hear that all is progressing so well for you in hip recovery land. Hopefully these other issues which have surfaced will soon be resolved. As my Grandma used to say, "All these things are sent to try us" ... :whistle:

I was late for a meeting and I found myself running
When I try to run after the dog I don't run...I sort of gallump! Well done you, you are a bionic hip poster girl. :flwrysmile:.

Sorry about the eyes though. Ive always said that after 40, it's patch, patch patch. It's even more true as the years go by but much better than some alternatives. :)

Ha ha re the gallumping :snork: I can relate to that from a few weeks ago. That is why I was so surprised it happened. Just felt normal. I went for my last physio session today. She seemed to think I had nothing to worry about re dislocation and just said get on with your life and no need to do exercises any more. So much conflicting information out there. Us poor patients dont know which way is up half the time.

@Calgal my eyesight has always been rubbish from a baby. i was the kid in the thick, pink or blue NHS specs. Trauma even worse when I had to wear a patch. Think I am emotionally scarred re glasses! Just praying I can have the lens implants.

Hi, @Fiona444 Sounds like you're hanging in there and not yet "borrowing trouble", as my mother used to say, in freaking out over your eyes. I hope that you'll be able to get the implants and vision will be restored, but one day at a time! My corneas are just naturally thin, I guess, they didn't give me any real explanation so I assume I was born that way. I am just glad I can see normally, although presbyopia means readers, of course. My fingers are crossed for you that you get good news about your eyes at the upcoming appointment. Fabulous news about your end of physio and how wonderfully you're doing. I had my second PT appointment today and have a list of exercises I need to start doing daily. Fortunately, I believe PT has been good for me and I know that faithful completion of PT exercises daily meant I was in reasonably good shape for both hips surgeries. It will be awhile before I can say I'm done with PT as I've got some work ahead of me. But for you, how great to be told no more exercises and get on with your life--hurray! Have a good Thursday.

Thanks ladies, I am sure it will sort itself. Feeling much more positive today and rested from work and worry. Been out playing with the puppers. Today one of them went swimming and had lots of fun. Tried to upload a video but couldnt for some reason so a photo will have to do :doggie:
IMG_4269.JPG

@Fiona444 glad that you're feeling better and are rested. Beautiful scenery and such your pupper is such a cutie, just want to go up and give him a but old hug! Have a great weekend! Great news about go live your life!
:yay:

Happy to read you're feeling better going into the weekend, Fiona.
Love the pic of Casey Jones in that peaceful beautiful setting.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@Fiona444

@Layla you always astound me with the details you remember like the name of my dog and various things that have happened a while back. Incredible memory you have !

@Elf1 he is such a cuddle monster so you would be welcome to come over and squish him :roseshwr:

It has really helped reading all your experiences about polyps and eyes stuff. It is so easy to become isolated with worry I find and knowing that these things happen to all of us although not nice is comforting in a way. If that makes sense.

Hey Fiona :wave:
I miss you and your daily escapades with your furry friends.
How have you been? Sure hoping all is well in your world.
Would love to hear an update next time you're on the forum.
It's a special day....your Anniversary. Happy Three Month Anniversary! :loveshwr:
Love and hugs to you :friends:
@Fiona444

Happy Three Month Anniversary my Hippie buddy across the pond! Figure you're back to living your best life!
:friends:

Hope you are getting back to life and things are continuing to get better and better...
Happy 3 month hipversary @Fiona444 :thumb:

Oh wow how lovely that you all remembered @Layla @Elf1 and @Mojo333 ! Thank you!

My hip is doing so well. I rarely even feel it these days. I tend to notice it when I first start a walk until the muscles have loosened or if I bend it in an awkward way which I try not to but do sometimes forget.

Me and the boys are still doing lots of lovely walks and now with the muddy wet weather I am so grateful to have a strong new hip that doesn't cause me that excruciating pain when moving.

We have had some other issues generally with my husbands bowel polyps. He went in to have them removed and they found 5 rather than the 1 we thought which was very scary. He had them all removed and got the results back on Friday that they were all ok. He will now have to go back yearly to be monitored which is a good thing.

I am still waiting for my eye surgery but I had an appointment at the hospital to see if I had thinning corneas and I dont so huge relief. Next step is 24/10 when I see the eye surgeon and he will tell me if I can have the implants. I am quite desperate as I dont see that well with glasses and being out and about in the rain is difficult with them as is driving so very keen to get that sorted.

It seems so long ago that I had the op on my hip and yet it was only a few months. The difference it makes is so worthwhile I do hope those that are worrying will read my story and gain confidence from it.

Much love to all

Great news all around, @Fiona444 !! Happy hipaversay! Good luck with the lens implants. My brother in law and sister in law are both going to have them done next spring. They are really physically active but getting older and they say it will be their 'eyes for life'. I had laser a long time ago for distance which is great but unfortunately the old age reading problem is here now so it's varifocals. Oh well, but hip is new! :loveshwr: Cheers my friend. You've done stellar.

Hi @Calgal I love that your relatives are considering the lens replacement too. I have not heard of anyone else who has had it other than for cataracts. I still will likely need readers and maybe weak distance glasses but hopefully will get much better vision than i have now. I too have varifocals but struggle to get the positioning right! Yep a new hip is priceless and I hope yours is doing brilliantly!

:wave:All the best as you pursue getting your eyesight sorted.
Glad those hips are happy.
Lots of good things are coming your way...
Have a sweet Sunday @Fiona444

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JennyG42
Recent bookmarks