THR Fiona UK recovery<

OP
OP
Fiona444

Fiona444

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all. Thought I would pop in to give you my 5 months update. I have done a couple of 9 mile walks with absolutely no issues, tramping through some horrendous sticky deep mud with no concerns. I have also helped with some building and digging work in the garden which no way could I have done before! With the wet weather we have been having it has been wonderful to walk and not be in pain at all and not have to worry about struggling half way into a hike.

Still waiting on the eye surgery. Should be on 16/12 so will update soon!

Hope all are well and looking forward to Christmas!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Good to hear from you, Fiona.
Thanks for the update. You're doing so well! :banana-santa:
Best of luck with the eye surgery on the 16th. Will look forward to an update
afterward so we know our BoneSmart friend is doing well.
Until then...best wishes in all!!
@Fiona444

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Fiona444 what a great update, happy you're back living life! Please keep us posted after the eye surgery, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! :praying: :friends:

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Wow, a fabulous update, @Fiona444! You are taking difficult 9 mile walks and slogging around in the garden--good for you! Sounds like that hip surgery is almost just a dim view in your rear view mirror! Once your mid-month eye surgery is done, I'm betting Christmas will be lovely this year--stuff fixed and time to move ahead to a great year ahead. Cheers!

OP
OP
Fiona444

Fiona444

senior
Country
Ahh you guys are wonderful. Thank you all so much. I keep telling people about this place and the wonderful sources of information and support. I keep revelling in the fact that this time last year was so different and I remember talking to my friend about the worst thing about ageing. I said it was my arthritis that really depressed me as it hampered my walking and the pain was debilitating and frustrating. Now it is gone and I am so happy about that. Less than a week until eye surgery and I am very excited. This year has been a very challenging one and I will not be sorry to see the back of it but ultimately I am very grateful. All the very best wishes and love for Christmas and New Year!

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Wishing you the best surgery and a quick, easy recovery. Hope you have happy and healthy holidays my hippie friend, we've come a long way!
:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: :santa-dance::happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Absolutely, @Fiona444, I think all of us 2019 hipsters will be more than happy to kick this year to the curb--bring on 2020! I know you've still got to get through your eye surgery, but I hope you are feeling confident about that--in your doctor, the hospital staff and your own remarkable body's penchant for good and full healing. You're going to do great, I predict! Keep up the good work--and the happiest of holidays to you!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hey there, hi there, ho there :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Wishing you all the best with the eye surgery @Fiona444
I understand why you'll be happy to see this year close out. With a new hip and eye surgery behind you, you'll finish out the year strong and begin 2020 raring to go!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

OP
OP
Fiona444

Fiona444

senior
Country
Happy Christmas Eve one and all!

Eye surgery was done last Monday and went very well. I can see so much better than I ever could! They are still settling down and healing so will not know the final outcome for a few weeks yet. I had to have a stitch in one eye but the other twanged back easily with no stitch necessary :heehee: Still using drops but able to drive and do anything I like really. Thank goodness it is over as it was a pretty traumatic experience. I think it was worse than getting my hip done! Today I am baking up a storm with mountains of mince pies and cheese straws.My brother and his little family is coming tomorrow.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year!

leejaa

Forum Advisor
Country
Wonderful news and just in time for Christmas. :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:to you and your family.:carols:

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
So happy to hear the surgery went well and you're already back driving!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Hope your day is sweet!!!

Oh my stars.. Cheese Straws :roseshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics