THR My 5 month post op

Thank you. I just found out prothesis can weigh from 3 to 5 lbs. So we are going to weigh more.

@Gretelin I have read that it is close to weighing the same as what they took out, more or less. If your hip has some titanium in it, it is a very light but very strong metal. It’s used in aeronautics. Think Cessna, not heavy like a Bentley.

Just finished my PT wow today was tough. He wants me on a cane already. Thats too soon. I dont feel strong enough. Im still with a Walker then I will slowly progress to the 2 hand crutches.

Hi @Gretelin
It's good you expressed your discomfort in transitioning to the cane since you're having reservations. Don't forget to ice and elevate, even if you're not hurting right now, it should help if the PT was a bit to aggressive for you today.
Hope you have a peaceful evening!

My therapist is been in business for over 21 years everyone talks about the place that is the best. Its small but the best. He is the owner, I told hi
I coulnt sleep and he told my husband to make a roll and put underneath my knee leaving a space between my knees so I can put that wedge. He similate the scene there at the therapy because O took my wedge with me. I told him that tonite I want to sleep.So hopefully I will. Thank you for all the input. Its much appreciated.

This is the roll my husband made out of foam!! He also told me to elevate my head putting pillows to prop me up. me
JPEG_20191120_191506_8146087070237588536.jpg

This is my Picasso!! Hes a Blessing in deed!! God works through His Hands!! Dr. Umlas,Marc...

20191118_102900.jpg 20191118_103910.jpg 20191118_102925.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ate a sandwich from a local restaurant and got really sick. Spend all night with diarrhea and vomiting. Im super weak
I was going to go to the emergency room but Im scared I may get the flu. Any tips you can give me please. Do I need to be in antibiotics ?

@Gretelin you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

Sorry you are feeling poorly. Please call your family doctor or go to ER if you continue to feel bad.

I ate a sandwich from a local restaurant and got really sick. Spend all night with diarrhea and vomiting
Oh, how miserable...I'm sorry you are ill.
For sure call your GP so he can be aware but If you are sure the sandwich is the culprit , he may suspect it could be a case of food poisoning.
Most food poisoning is mild and resolves without treatment. Ensuring adequate hydration is the most important aspect of treatment.
Don't want to get dehydrated so drink drink drink.

Do I need to be in antibiotics ?

No, not if it's food poisoning. But you do need to check in with your Primary Care Physician. Stay hydrated and look into Probiotics which could be beneficial while you're suffering from diarrhea by restoring the balance of bacteria in your gut.

Following is an article from the BoneSmart Nutritional Library -

Hugs..feel better soon!
:console2:

Thank God for Mothers!! My mom came after my dad left and took care of me gave me plenty of Gatorade, water. My aunt made me a mint tea. That helped my stomach a lot. Thank heavens I havent vomit or had diarrhea since 6am. Spend whole day in bed recuperating
I still feel very weak. My dinner was applesauce. I cant stand the smell of food. I didnt go to the doctor because I was afraid to get a bug at their clinic. Lits of people go there snizzing, coughing etc. Then my mom helped me take a bath and I feel a little better. I sat and watched a Hallmark movie, talked to my daughter from Boston in whatsup and now Im getting ready to hit the sack. I feel very tiered since being up all night puking and having diarrhea didnt help me. Well, my beautiful bone people you guys want to laugh a little I called my OS last night he calls me back and I tell him listen I got food poisoning does that hurt my hip. He goes you need to call your regular doctor Im a bone doctor I fix bonez
I thought that was funny now, not yesterday. Much love, hopefully I get some rest and tomorrow will be a better day!!

I'm so glad you are feeling better @Gretelin
Nice to have your mother to baby you some.
Hope you have sweet dreams.
Tomorrow will be a new and better day.:roseshwr:

Good Evening @Gretelin
Sounds like you're on the mend since you've spent most the day without any vomiting or diarrhea. How awful when you're healing from a major surgery. As if recovery is not enough alone. It's good to hear the fluids are helping and you're keeping them down. I also like Mint Tea for an upset stomach, Ginger Tea too.

It's understandable you're feeling weak. Please be careful getting up.... especially during those middle of the night trips to the bathroom. You don't want to get woozy and tip over. I can't blame you for not wanting to risk picking up something worse at the doctor's office, especially since you're doing better already. I'd stay away also.

I just caught the end of one of my favorite Hallmark movies, Christmas Getaway. Something relaxing about watching them. Gets you in the mood for Christmas.

You crack me up with that "beautiful bone people" makes me chuckle every time. :heehee:
Thanks for the laughs and your contributions to the forum, it's appreciated.

I hope you have a peaceful evening and feel even better tomorrow.
Hugs :console2:

Yes. girls thank you all for your input. i always live to hear your feed back. Much love, Gretelin.Layla I also watched Christmas Getaway! it was super nice I didnt see the end who did the guy with the little girl stayed with the blond and her son or the red hair girl?

Yea, @Layla
What happened? Blonde or redhead?

@Gretelin I'm glad you are chilling...and getting in some power naps.
It takes a bit to get our strength back and dealing with a nasty tummy bug too!
Hope today is a better day. Big hugsxxxx :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks