THR My 5 month post op

Hi there :wave: I hope you're having a good day!

All this limitations to avoud dislocation. When is a safe???

Following is an article from the BoneSmart Library that may help answer your question -

A peaceful relaxing evening to you. :)

Surgery was awesome. The best choice I have made.
So glad you are already feeling this way.
Very inspiring for upcoming new hippys.
Healing hugs coming your way:hugzz:

Thank you so much Mojo333
333 was my # to watch on the operative screen when they started the operation. The nurse gave my husband a card with a # so that he can follow on the screen my surgery and this was my # 333

Oh my stars!
That is indeed very Lucky!
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
Three is my lucky number so 3 threes I figure is super lucky!

Sending healing Mojo times 3 your way.

HarpCat how are you feeling? We had the surgery on same day Tuesday Nov.5,2019. How was it with you? Are you in pain. Im just experiencing difficult nights. I cant go to sleep very uncomfortable. Im not in pain
I just lay on my back with the wedge between my legs and super uncomfotable. My surgery Thanks God it went well 45 minutes only.Of course preparation is more. My OS is very good .Iam very satisfied with the outcomes. Well, heal quickly and lets get over this soon. Lets make that leg strong by doing the exercises 2x a day plus the PT visits. Much Love, Gretelin.

Good Morning and a Happy Monday to you! :wave:

Stopping by to wish you luck at your post op today.
I'm not sure if you're still on Celebrex but I just read elsewhere that you experience a racing heart and a sensation of being out of breath. Please mention this to the OS, or PA, whichever you see today. Side effects of Celebrex can be fast or irregular heartbeat as well as troubled breathing.
Let us know how your visit goes this morning. We'd also love to read an update on your progress over the past few days.
Safe travels to and from your appointment!
@Gretelin

Thank you Layla. Buying some pastelitos for the Doctor. Im heading to my appt.is at 10am but Thank God is close.

Hope you have a great update with the doc, keep us posted!

Well, had my post op appt. yesterday. My OS took the bandage off. He said it looks great and told me to sleep with the wedge till Dec.18 next appt he will tell me if I can sleep on my affected side with a pillow between my legs. Then my husband and I went to eat Burger Fi, I had a veggie burger on a lettuce wrap he had a regular. After that I went to therapy. Let me tell you it wasnt fun. The owner got me and gave me a serious massage in my hroun area because I told him that it was hurting me the night before. He put me to walk on a cane. I wasnt ready, but I still like that push of positivism. Today is 14 days and can you believe I dont have a single bit of pain. I will try to upload my prostesis here so you guys can see it. Well, Much Love and Blessings from Gretelin⚘

Hello, my beautiful BS family!! This is my prostesis!! My new Bentley lastest model 2020!!
20191118_115718.jpg

Great picture...it still amazes me that my natural feeling hips are actually hip prosthesis.:) :-) (:
Glad to hear that your OS gave you a great report .:happydance:
Groin pain is not uncommon...
Make sure your PT isn't pressing too hard on progress these early days.
I hope today is a good, good day, @Gretelin :SUNsmile:

Thank you Mojo333 It will be thank you always walking and moving with precautions!!!

I just had a visit with my PCP for my shortness of breath and palpitations. The nurse did an ekg it was normal. Doctor said is anxiety. So, he told me to relax. I guess all had to do with having sleepless nights and building patience. I honestly tell you this is really a slow process to being finally healed on your own. You getting to do things like before. Im super active so been relax and sitting down brings me down and about. I guess I have to learn how to take it one day at a time and slow down myself a bit.

Thanks for sharing the photo of your prosthetic. Interesting how implanting that inside our body gives us a second chance at life as we knew it before the deterioration began. Such a blessing!

I'm wondering if your PCP attributed any of your symptoms to the Celebrex?
If you are feeling anxious, I hope with a concentrated effort you're able to find solutions to calm your mind and body. What about some soothing music, or mindful meditation? I'm stuck on Hallmark movies currently. May not appeal to you but they are pretty mellow and put you in the mood for the holidays, which you'll be feeling so much stronger by! You may as well sit back and enjoy the ride. There is no short way to arrive at your destination.
Wishing you a peaceful evening!
@Gretelin

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping well enough just yet. Anyway you can put on a comfy eye mask and take a nap in the afternoons, to help?

Thank you girls. I do Iam watching Hallmark channel movies. They are super nice, eventhough all have same plot girl falls in love with boy. Its nice it gets you ready for the holidays.No he didnt say a word about the celebrex.

eventhough all have same plot girl falls in love with boy

There's always mistletoe
Usually a gazebo
Often a skating scene
Or a picking out a Christmas tree scene
Every space is over decorated.
There's always a kiss at the end.
And Lacey Chabert or Candace Cameron are in half of them! :rotfl:
But....I still love watching them.

Last edited:
I have a questions for the Forum director how much does your prosthesis weighs? And how about if you get a cold flu?? What to do??

how much does your prosthesis weigh
Here's a link to an article in our Library about this.
And how about if you get a cold flu?? What to do??
Treat a cold or the flu as you would normally do. Absolutely no impact on your new hip. If you want to take any over the counter medication for a cold you might want to check with your family doctor about if it is safe to take any pain medication with cold/flu remedies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom