THR Finally On The Recovery Side

All right @Mersada! ... You made it through ... sounds like things are going well. Yes, I remember breathing into that tube in my overnight bed.

Looking forward to more updates!

Welcome to the healing side! Sorry you are going to be dealing with 50% weight bearing. It will just mean you are on your walking aids a bit longer.

Hope staff are helping you stay comfortable.

I had my first physical therapy session this morning. I was in recovery all day yesterday waiting for room which is wasn’t put in till 730.pm.
The epidural is still working so I have no pain. Pt went fine. I just did my bed exercises and walked very little because i also have a catheter. It’s able little tight feeling. That is it. This is too good to be true. Pt is not pushy. So I am happy with him. They talked about discharging me today but I told them I prefer tomorrow.
The epidural and iv are being removed at 12. I am a bit apprehensive as to what the pain will be like. I took my last oxy mg last night because I did not really need it. No nausea which is a good sign. I didn’t have to hit the pain button either.
Pt gave me a card with some of the simple exercises I am to do in bed...just five. Ankle pumps , pressing knee into bed, butt clenches, leg slide, and rotating leg out. That’s it. Seems simple enough.
Will update you at about noon when the epidural is done with. Yeah hope that the pain isn’t too bad. We will see.

:wave::loveshwr::happydance:
Yay... Good all seems to be tolerable and you sound positive.... Keep that going... You know everyone has a different story so try not to expect anything particular when it comes to pain.... Of course there is a good bit of discomfort these earlly days, but I am sending good mojo your way.:friends:

You’re doing well, Mersada. I hope your pain continues to be well managed which is a good possibility so please try not to worry. The exercises sound pretty standard and thankfully PT went easy on you. I hope the day continues to go well for you.
Wishing you comfort...stay in touch! :)
@Mersada

The only complaint I have is they can't find my veins so I got poked yesterday five times for the IV. Today I got.poked another four times for blood. Apparently my potassium is low. I dont even know what that means. My veins are not cooperating.

Also made a complaint about the patient care assistant from last night. When I asked her for ice she had the nerve to tell me that could wait I thought that was rude. Thankfully, the nurse got some for me.

Good to stand up for yourself. Sorry to hear about the repeated poking.

—I have those leg pumps on but no compression socks shhhhh!! Lol

Maybe they’ll send you home with the TEDS? :shrug:
Then again, maybe you’ll get lucky and they won’t. :fingersx:

So glad you’re doing great! Make sure they bring you that ice!!! I couldn’t believe how much it helps!

The best advice in the beginning was, ice, ice ice... stay ahead of the pain and lots of rest.

:ice:

That all sounds goo, @Mersada .
Don't forget to read the Recovery Guidelines that Jaycey left for you, in Post #9.

Spoke too soon. The epidural wore off at 1:00am. I feel like someone beat up my leg. I feel it mostly in my knee. Pain is about a six but I told the nurse it was an 8 so she gave me the upped dose of 10 mg of oxy and Tylenol. Hope that kicks in soon. Maybe the exercises were too much too. They felt good when I was doing them. Like loosening up the stiffness. Now I feel a bruised kind of pain. Hope it subsides. I hate pain.
My sister who is a pt says take only Tylenol but we are not listening to that advice at all. I’m mot worried about being addicted I just want to be pain free.
Ps walking to the bathroom is exhausting. My leg feels heavy. Well that’s my middle of the night rant while I wait for the oxy to kick in. Will be taking on schedule from now on.

Ps—I have those leg pumps on but no compression socks shhhhh!! Lol
The leg pumps work instead of compression socks. You may be given the socks before your discharge.

Maybe the exercises were too much too.
Probably. You don't need to do many exercises at this very early stage.

Hi friend. Glad you are taking the more potent meds and hope that no more poking is necessary.
I found myself editing my fluid intake because I was trying to cut down on the stressful trips to the restroom.
Not good.
Blood loss from surgery really needs us to drink alot to avoid electrolyte imbalances and keep from getting dehydrated which can cause our veins to go into hiding too.
Perhaps you can drink some Gatorade if they have some?
Also drinking enough to help ward of constipation from the opiates.
All Temporary and I'm hoping you will be able to get home soon where you will be able to ice more and hopefully get more comfortable.
Continued healing hugs...

I did my pt this morning. My knee feels a bit better too. We did stairs which was pretty easy.
I think the 10 mg of oxy and the Tylenol are working pretty well.
I have semi log leg. It’s heavy but I’m able to swing it over.
No nausea from the meds, happy about that. I should be going home today.

My knee hurt worse than my replaced hip post RTHR. They grab your knee fairly aggressively to dislocate your hip during the procedure. Ice that knee as well.

Safe journey home.

I feel the same. Hip not really painful. The knee cap is hurting.
The oxy seems to be working and I’m not constipated. So far, it’s better than I imagined. I imagined much worse than this.
I asked the nurse if I can shower before I leave so it will buy me a few days that I don’t have to alone. They seem to have to put an order in for that.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts