THR Finally On The Recovery Side

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
United States United States
PS—stairs are better. My hip is not giving out on me when I go up but I’m still nervous from the time it gave out on me at the beginning of recovery. Doing better though still need work

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Mersada :wave:I've been away from the forum and missed your surgery! I am so pleased that you were finally able to get that hip taken care of.
Your tightness and "not feeling normal" is actually very normal for 4 months post op.. you will be amazed at how much improvement is still to come.
I remember marveling at the changes with each passing month.

A new job! It's coming at a perfect time for sure and the extra money will help with your new gym membership.. :happydance:

I am so happy for you.. !!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
You‘re welcome, Mersada and thanks for responding. You’ve crossed my mind a few times lately. It‘s good to hear you’re doing well. Congrats on the promotion, I’m happy for you!

I think it’s pretty normal to feel much better, but not 100% at this point, because complete healing can take many more months. You will notice progress for a full year and even longer. The tightness / stiffness should also ease with time. You may find you’re ready to move on from PT after you complete your next 8 sessions and joining LA Fitness and working at your own pace may work out perfectly for you. It’s good to read the stairs are becoming easier also. I hope you continue to enjoy steady progress, the remainder of Summer and your new position at work. Don’t be a stranger here, it was really nice to hear from you! :)
@Mersada

Spex10

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I bet you'd benefit more from time spent in a swimming pool just doing simple movement excercises than physio sessions. It seems to me that physio sessions result in increased pain and stiffness rather than relaxed muscles and healing. Just a personal opinion of course but probably worth checking the literature on efficacy of PT post joint replacement.

Yoli

Country
Mexico Mexico
Mersada - that is great that you are 4 months out. Congratulations on the promotion. Keep up with your PT - it will pay off at the end.

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
Happy six month anniversary to me. Stopped pt. Still feels tight when I walk a bit. Not doing as much walking as I should perhaps. I just got a stationary bike...I just get impatient using it. Not much else new. I still feel stiff when I get up from sitting at work. Try to do my stretches in the ladies room.

Hope everyone is doing g well.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Wow! Six months already. Happy Six Month Anniversary, Mersada! It’s nice to hear from you. I think the stiffness you described after sitting is pretty normal. I understand your impatience with the exercise bike. I feel the same about the treadmill, as opposed to walking outdoors…boring. :yawn:

You have many more months to notice improvement and I’m sure you will. A former member once said that if he only ever feels 90% better than he did before surgery, he’d be happy and I totally agree. It’s Heaven getting rid of that debilitating hip pain. I hope your days are good for the most part and you’re back enjoying the things you love.
Take good care and stay in touch. Have a wonderful Autumn!
@Mersada

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave:
Happy 6 mo hipversary!

That stiffness stayed around a while with me too.
Like Layla said, lots of improvement to come.
Hope your week is Sweet!

Wyn wombat

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @Mersada, happy 6 month hip anniversary, glad you are doing good, my 5 month hip anniversary is tomorrow and I can appreciate how you feel. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
Seven month anniversary was two days ago. Better and better every day. Although, I probably should be doing more strength exercises, I'm being lazy.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm forever grateful for this forum and how much it helped me get through the anxious times.

Wish you all a happy Pain free thanksgiving!!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Hello Mersada,
It always puts a smile on my face to see your avatar. It takes me back to your long journey and it’s wonderful to read how well you’re doing now, already seven months post op.
A belated Happy Seven Month Anniversary!

It’s difficult to believe early on in our recovery that it will continue to get better beyond those initial few months, but as you’re experiencing, it does. I believe you will continue to notice improvements over the next several months and possibly even beyond your one year anniversary. I know I did.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a fantastic New Year. Thanks for stopping by! :loveshwr:
@Mersada

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
irving95
Recent bookmarks