THR Finally, Hip, Hip Hooray!

EdiePA

Country
United States United States
After two years of pain, visits to five orthopedic surgeons, two MRIs, two guided injections and I’ve lost count of how many X-rays, I have a hip replacement surgery date of June 28th! I had hip arthroscopy ten years ago and now my labrum is filled with bone spurs.

A huge thank you to BoneSmart for Joint Replacement Days and the experts you bring together for us. Their information and concern helped me to keep going in my search for the right doctor!

Edie

Last edited:
Woohoo. Relief is in sight, Edie! :happydance:We‘ll add your surgery date to your signature.
Thank you for your kind words in regard to BoneSmart, it’s much appreciated and thank you for joining us here. I look forward to following your journey.
Here is some reading material you may find useful -
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/...visions-how-long-will-my-new-joint-last.4491/
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/recovery-aids-a-comprehensive-list-for-hospital-and-home.12499/
Wishing you lots of comfort as you wait for your surgery date. :)

Well it’s almost here, your big day is on Monday.
I wish you all the best and will look forward to your first update once you’re resting comfortably at home. Wishing you comfort as you wait.
See you on the bright side soon! :SUNsmile:
@EdiePA

My surgery scheduled for Monday, June 28th, has been delayed to Wednesday, June 30th. There was an issue over the OR with some of the equipment so they had to cancel all of their Monday surgeries. Luckily, I could be fit in on Wednesday or I would have had to wait until August.
Great — two extra days of pain and worry!

I'm sorry you had this last-minute postponement, but glad they found you an alternative date so close to the original date.
Thank you for letting us know about the change of dates. I'll deal with that.

Best wishes for the 30th.

Hi Edie,
The day is almost here, finally, bringing an end to the familiar grinding pain.
Wishing you only the best, also peace of mind and comfort now and as you begin healing.
I will look forward to your first update and following your healing journey. :)
@EdiePA

Sorry for the hiccup...but still a June hip baby.:loveshwr:
See you on the healing side.:friends:

Sorry about the delay! Had you already fasted for a long time? Ugh!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back