Finally a new date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverUSAgal

graduate
Country
United States United States
I am now scheduled for BTKR on March 20. I certainly hope nothing interferes with this date. As some of you recall, I was scheduled for Oct. 3 but my surgeon had to have surgery and then insurance complications caused me to need to wait till March. This surgery can't come soon enough because I really can barely walk now, the pain is intense and pain meds aren't helping much. The sad thing is I will be weaker and in worse condition for the surgery after becoming so inactive. I guess if 90-year olds can recover then hopefully I can too.

Congrats on finally getting a new date! I'll be keeping track of your countdown. I have no doubt that you're going to do really well - because you have such a great attitude!! That will do so much to help you overcome the challenges of having to wait, suffering through additional weakness due to inactivity, etc. Your motivation to begin moving again will really help. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

Once the pain gets so bad the waiting is very hard. I originally had my RTKR scheduled for Aug 2011 but delayed it to Dec 2011 because of work schedules. That was the worst thing as I could hardly walk by December. The day before the surgery I couldn't walk 5 minutes without being in agony and I had to use our nieces baby stroller as a walker to go around the stores.

I can blame myself, but it sounds like the timing of your's has been taken out of your hands. Best of luck.

So great that you have an actual date to plan for. You have shown such patience in waiting -not that you had much choice. That patience will come in handy for the recovery. I will be looking for your recovery thread come March.
Take care. Lee

anew years party.jpg
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.

I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.

Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.

SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
anew years party1.jpg
bottomshollow

Congratulatons on your new date!! I hope that 2014 is a great year for you and your new knees!!!

From one BTKR alumnus to another about-to-be---once you are fully recovered, you will be amazed at how great you feel---and how much you can do---and pain-free!

Walking will be a piece of cake!!! you will enjoy your life----you will be able to savor it!!!

The sad thing is I will be weaker and in worse condition for the surgery after becoming so inactive.
Perhaps but don't think this means it won't all be recoverable after the op because it will. Once that arthritic pain is gone, your general condition will bounce back, you'll see.

scheduled for BTKR on March 20

Congrats on your new knee date!

That should be a great time to have surgery as you'll be into the spring and summer months recovering, lots of time to be outside, enjoying the spring flowers, walking and rehabbing.
:SUNsmile:

Again, thanks so much for the encouragement! I am really feeling that 2014 is going to bring a big change to my life and I intend to do everything I can to start feeling more my age instead of the really elderly invalid I have been like recently. It will be wonderful to be able to walk without pain and to not have to consider everything in terms of how many steps it will require. We really are very lucky to be living in this age when new knees are possible and I'm going to try to stay focused on how fortunate I am.

date 1.jpg
March 20, 2014! So pleased for you, @VancourverUSgal! As soon as we get the March surgery list up and running, I'll get you on the list.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member