Revision THR Figsktr's Third THR

Figsktr

Country
United States United States
Yep, I am back for hip revision number 2 on Sept 18 In Miami. Let’s hope this is the last one. Curious to know, Is anyone familiar or does anyone know how long they are keeping us in the hospital?

Hello @Figsktr - and :welome:

I'm sorry you're having to go through a Revision TKR. Which hip is it?

I've copied your post from the September Sapphires thread, becasue that thread is essentially just a list of people having surgery around teh same time as you are. Looking ag teh list will tell you who will be having surgery around the same time as you are - your recovery buddies - but the thread itself is not used for chatter.

I will add your name to the surgery list and you'll b tagged to read a post confirming that.

Here's some pre-op reading for you:
If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Hello @Figsktr I’m sorry you have to go through this once again.
Wishing you all the best on your revision. Please let us know how you’re doing once you’re post op and as time allows. We’re rooting for you.
Happy Saturday! :)

Just my curiosity but why the revisions? Aside from hurricanes I do envy where you live. I haven't been in a while but my first trip down was over 40 years ago and I was hooked.

I don't know about revisions, but to have a second.... man, that's not fair. I'm sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Figsktr
Hope your surgery went well and you are home recovering comfortably as possible.

Doing awesome everyone/ if you read my post op thread Go through my story. Don’t we all have hip stories! I am a hot mess, dancer that won’t quit!

:hi: Happy One Month Anniversary!
We hope you’re doing well and enjoying progress since you last posted.
Happy healing as you continue your recovery.
@Figsktr

:wave: Hello @Figsktr
Two months since your revision today. I hope all is well and you’re happy with the progress you’re making. Have a great week and a nice Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone! I am now 8 weeks and 2 days post 3rd Hip revision. My hip implant is a triflange acetabular component. It attaches not only to the ischium, but the ilium and the pubis.
Triflange Acetabular Component is a patient-matched implant designed with a surgeon using patient's CT data to treat severe cases of acetabular bone loss.
I had severe bone loss from my previous implant! I am supposed to be only on toe touch weight, but actually now I can walk without crutches. I am including a picture of my component and xray from my 6 week post op visit. If anyone has had this implant please contact me! Thanks happy hipping!
Screenshot 2020-11-21 114119.png

Hello again @Figsktr . I'm glad you're doing well.

Please will you give us a link to the site where from which you copied the information about your triflange acetabular component?
I'll be interested to read about it.

I'd also like anyone else on BoneSmart who has one to post here, as I can't think of any other members at the moment.

Hi Everyone - week 14 here s/p triflange acetabular component replacement! Yep, I am back at pole dancing. Still have some psoas pain and weakness. But I am working on my pelvic stabilizer muscles doing planks with a exercise ball. They are very challenging for me since I still have a little pain in my groin. Yesterday I climbed the pole and I am now again lifting my weight. I am so excited. Still having a mild limp when I walk, but otherwise it is getting better everyday! working on handstands now!
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR EXERCISE DREAMS WITH A HIP REPLACEMENT !

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562